Left Mav Display much to dark

Hi all,

maybe someone can help me out.

The left Display, when choosing Maverick, is much to dark, so i cant recognize any targets.

Also playing arround with contrast and brightness settings will not help.

Switch is on "day", also changing to "night" dont helps.

The other way round ist the right display, when i use TGP.

There the Display ist to bright, but i can fix it by reducing brightness and add some more contrast. 

The funny thing is, my friend from Canada, with whom i play missions together online, has to reduce brightness almost to zero, so that his MAV Display is not to bright.

Hals- und Beinbruch from Germany

Andi

vor 11 Minuten schrieb Yurgon:

I can't say I've ever noticed this.

Can you provide a screenshot of both of them, so we get an idea?

Which Maverick -- all of them or is this tied to one particular type of Maverick?

Which DCS version?

Latest DCS World version, i guess 2.7 or something like that, have to look tomorrow.

Mav D , didnt tried others at the moment, but my friend uses the same once without any problems regarding my problem, he has to turn down brightness in Nevada map, because to bright.

I also had a normal picture at left mfd, but this changed after i activated the mav and switched the mfd to MAV

Edited by JG11Preusse

The D is an IR seeker head missile, it uses heat sources. If you want a bright picture you need to use the TV versions. 

A tank that doesn‘t drive but is parking somewhere is as cold as the surrounding environment in the sim, so you can barely see it in the IR Mav display. Driving vehicles are easy to see though. 

in any case I recommend you use the TGP to find targets, make it SPI and slew all sensors to SPI (china hat forward long). Then all you need to do is make the MAV display SOI and hit TMS up to lock the target.

Holm und Rippenbruch 😛

Edited by Ephedrin

Also Boat switch "black hot, white hot, etc" works for TGP, but not for MAV, but the manual says it should.

TGP to steerpoing (China Hat long aft) also dont works, so i have to use DMS long right to bring my TGP at least to where my HMCS looks.

I use TM Warthog HOTAS and the manual references to thos one, but as you can see, not everything works, as it should for me.

Maybe ... if Boat switch to white hot will help, but it dont works as the manual says.

1 hour ago, JG11Preusse said:

It looks like this, see my screenshot and then take a look at this video with same IR MAVS:

A-10C-2 left MAV mfd.jpg

Is that stable or open beta?  Stable is still on 2.7.14.24228 (May 27th), the new IR implementation occurred the next OB update

50 minutes ago, JG11Preusse said:

Stable, 

That would be the issue, then.  The release of the IR system with the Apache significantly messed up the IR displays in most of the aircraft.  Back in May, the OB update fixed up most of that, although there are still some foibles.  The DISP control was broken until a more recent OB update.

I suspected you were on stable, because if you're using the new IR system, the MAV page symbology will be much darker, almost grey.  That makes the symbology much harder to see against a typical background.  Still issues,but overall things are much better

Edited by jaylw314
  • Like 1

vor 1 Minute schrieb jaylw314:

That would be the issue, then.  The release of the IR system with the Apache significantly messed up the IR displays in most of the aircraft.  Back in May, the OB update fixed up most of that, although there are still some foibles.  The DISP control was broken until a more recent OB update.

Ah OK .... due to i have also installed open Beta, maybe i can Install A-10 II and Nevada map also there and test it then

4 minutes ago, JG11Preusse said:

Ah OK .... due to i have also installed open Beta, maybe i can Install A-10 II and Nevada map also there and test it then

Also, the boat switch only controls the symbology color on the MAV page, not the IR itself, which is always WHOT AFAIK.  Annoyingly, when MAV is SOI, it also controls the TGP WHOT/CCD/BHOT, which I suspect it should not.

Conversely, if you mess with the boat switch while TGP is SOI, it doesn't change the MAV page symbology color.

I've not had problems with China Hat Aft Long to slave TGP to the current steerpoint?

Edited by jaylw314

vor 2 Minuten schrieb jaylw314:

Also, the boat switch only controls the symbology color on the MAV page, not the IR itself, which is always WHOT AFAIK.  Annoyingly, when MAV is SOI, it also controls the TGP WHOT/CCD/BHOT, which I suspect it should not.

Conversely, if you mess with the boat switch while TGP is SOI, it doesn't change the MAV page symbology color

Does the open Beta has the same Problems with messed up IR Displays ?

54 minutes ago, JG11Preusse said:

Does the open Beta has the same Problems with messed up IR Displays ?

The boat switch function has been unchanged any time recently, AFAIK.  I suspect the MAV page is always WHOT in real life as well, but I'm sure somebody here knows for sure.

Edited by jaylw314

vor 1 Stunde schrieb jaylw314:

I suspected you were on stable, because if you're using the new IR system, the MAV page symbology will be much darker, almost grey.  That makes the symbology much harder to see against a typical background.  Still issues,but overall things are much better

Hi .... you was 100% right. 

Installed A-10C II and Nevada mat at DCS open Beta and now everything looks very finde.

Thx you a lot

Greetings Andi

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JG11Preusse said:

Now IR MAV looks like this, after testing open Beta:

Stable DCS Version it looks like this:

That looks about right 🙂

There are still some IR bugs, like some vehicles are mapped as completely cold, but overall better.

vor einer Stunde schrieb jaylw314:

That looks about right 🙂

There are still some IR bugs, like some vehicles are mapped as completely cold, but overall better.

Lets hope the patch for the stable version will come in time and not months later.

Stable Verision looks for me much more like a beta Version, because the beta Version works and the stable not .... Maybe we need a new explanation for stable and beta.

And they need months and more months to fix such problems.

In open Beta they can, strange strange

1 hour ago, JG11Preusse said:

Lets hope the patch for the stable version will come in time and not months later.

Stable Verision looks for me much more like a beta Version, because the beta Version works and the stable not .... Maybe we need a new explanation for stable and beta.

And they need months and more months to fix such problems.

In open Beta they can, strange strange

To clarify, ED simply labels an open beta build every 3-6 months as the current "stable version".  You can look at the actual version number to identify which how old the stable version is.   As of today, stable is 2.7.14.24228, which is the same version number for (and identical to) the open beta version from 5/25/22.

It's a different use of the concept of "open beta" and "stable" than other developers might use, which does cause some confusion.

Edited by jaylw314

• 2 weeks later...
Am 3.8.2022 um 01:46 schrieb Caldera:

Hey Guys,

The MAV screen seems beyond messed up...

This is how it appears on my system.

TGP 32.gif

Caldera

Hi Caldera,

i guess you saw my screenshots made open beta and afterwards with stable version.

The same issue at my friends, with i use to fly together.

After the latest stable patch (version number same as the beta version before) it looks normal again.

And all of us installed the AH-64 Module.

Screenshot from open beta was without AH-64 got installed.

So it makes sence what jaylw314 told us.

Hals- und Beinbruch

Andi