Assigning Cores Automatically w/THG

The_Nephilim

Hi All,

I found this neat program that you can assign multiple cores to any game Preferably if it does NOT support Multiple cores the game or Program.

You just setup & Run this Program Before Running BS No Need to ALT+TAB out of the game as this will automatically do it for you if it is Running B4 You run BS or other applications..

Read the guide and have Fun:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/bang-dual-processing-buck,815.html :joystick:

Edited by The_Nephilim

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

I would say as well to put this in the Multi core thread that is already in use instead of a new one alot of people are not searching for posts on the topic there interested in and starting a new thread on something that has already been in heavy discussion .

Dell XPS 630i w/ Dell nForce 650i Sli ,Intel Q9650 @3.0 ,6.0 GB Ram @800Mhz, 2xGeforce 9800 GT 512 MB ,Saitek X52, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals ,Dell 24" 1080P HD monitor, Klipsch THX Pro Media 2.1 ,TrackIR 4, Logitech MX518

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I thought this would benefit from it's Own Thread vs getting Lost in another thread.

Thank you ;)

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

I see your point but people check that multi core thread everytime theres a new post but i guess your right.

Dell XPS 630i w/ Dell nForce 650i Sli ,Intel Q9650 @3.0 ,6.0 GB Ram @800Mhz, 2xGeforce 9800 GT 512 MB ,Saitek X52, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals ,Dell 24" 1080P HD monitor, Klipsch THX Pro Media 2.1 ,TrackIR 4, Logitech MX518

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maybe somebody can make a sticky type thread about Multicore and add this tid bit in there??

I have only one petition, please write before, no B4, this is not you cellphone, thanks.

OK I counter your Petition, would you Please Spell correctly ;)

EDIT: It is Thank You remember this is not your Cellphone..:smartass:

"OK I counter your Petition, would you Please Spell correctly ;) "

Come on man, he meant that because some people here dont understand english that well they use translator programs. "B4" doesnt tell them what it means, ok champ. ;)

EDIT: Good find btw! That was the reason i started to write lol. Thanks.

Regards

Alex "Snuffer" D.

AMD FX8350 (8 core) 4.1GHZ ::: 8GB Dominator 1600mhz ::: GTX660 2GB ::: 2xHD ::: 24" ASUS

I see your point but people check that multi core thread everytime theres a new post but i guess your right.

I don't. There's many pages of bla bla bla with little content. So this is a welcome thread. I don't have time to every day go through lenghty threads in several forums looking for something I need, just because it might come today. This is not the only game which has problem with people forcing people to continue enormous threads of inconclusive bla bla bla with posts of significant value and I sometimes keep missing things because of the mentality.

One thread unrelated to games, which has some interesting stuff every now and then, is just 500 pages long and grows by the hour. Whenever someone creates a new thread there's a bunch of people telling "WHY DIDN'T YOU USE THE EXISTING THREAD!?". God. Looking for content afterwards with search function is practically impossible.

Edited by Fishu

theox,

Unfortunately you don't get any fps improvement in XP doing the multi-core affinity trick... if you get 32 fps in XP then on the same machine with the affinity trick you'll get 32, BUT if you install Vista on that same system (dualboot for BS) then you stand to get approx. anywhere from 10 to 20 fps more than you have with XP by using the affinity trick for a multi-core system.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Microsoft Windows Vista x64 bit

Overclocked Intel Core2Duo @ 3.30GHz

6GB DDR Ram

Nvidia GTX280 1GB

DCS Blackshark Russian DVD Box and English Download

1920x1080 res. @ 37" Westinghouse LVM-37w3 1080P

Background image by Shrubbo.

I use Alacrity :thumbup: to set a DCS BS to startup using cores of choice. It will let you do that and also close down other non essential programs. Also, I can make one shortcut to close all non essential programs, start DCS BS with multiple cores, load my CH profile (using ver Contol Mgr 4.5) and Trackir.

To get DCS BS to start in Alacrity I had to point it at bat files in the DCS root folder itself, not the launcher.exe.

Single player bat file contains:

C:\g\Ka-50\bin\stable\Launcher.exe -console

Multiplayer bat files contains:

@start bin\stable\DCS.exe --net gui

we have to configure it for dcs.exe, right?

Nope. What I mean is, if you look at the shortcut for single player it says ...\Ka-50\bin\stable\Launcher.exe --console therefore to have Alacrity start up singleplayer of BS:

1) Create a text file in notepad and in the file type:

...\Ka-50\bin\stable\Launcher.exe --console

of course yow would need the full proper path to your installation folder.

2) Save the file with wahtever name you want but make sure that it ends in .bat, for example BSstart.bat. Save it in the KA-50 folder

3) Create a profile in Alacrity for BS and in the section to start up programs, add the BSstart.bat file.

Well, I guess its OOOOOOOOOOOO MOOOJJJAAVVEEE for me.

LMAO :thumbup:

Yea me too...but I swear I don't want to toast what I have. I have kept my xps at xppro just because it works good and I don't have to worry about whether any of my sims/games will run on it. I have vista on my laptop and I generally wind up cussing it a few times a week -). I don't know if I should do the Mojave dance yet or not....

Oh and by the way, that has got to be the most ridiculous commercial I have ever seen in my life. "This is Windows Vista?!?!". Yea bud, like how much did they pay you to act like you have never heard of Vista before. :doh:

Hi, thanks for the information.

I have tried with both programs to assign my 4 cores, without any luck, it seems that i have to do i manually with the taskmanager, to get it to work.

I would be happy if AlacrityPC could do it for me, i have made the .bat startupfile and that works like it should, and i have set affinity on that file, plus i have tried to add dcs.exe in "monitor" mode and set affinity on that also, but when i look at the taskmanager when flying, its only using CPU0.

I have the same problem with Taskassign.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

"OK I counter your Petition, would you Please Spell correctly ;) "

Come on man, he meant that because some people here dont understand english that well they use translator programs. "B4" doesnt tell them what it means, ok champ. ;)

EDIT: Good find btw! That was the reason i started to write lol. Thanks.

Yes I know I was just joking back on his remark I am not being Serious..

This trick may not get you more FPS but maybe it just helps run the Program a little bit smoother??

I have tried with both programs to assign my 4 cores, without any luck, it seems that i have to do i manually with the taskmanager, to get it to work.

Have you tried the script from this post: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=593129&postcount=10?

It was written specifically to work with Black Shark and so far I believe has a 100% success rate.

Unfortunately the problem with most programs that automatically assign the affinity is that they set it too quickly after DCS.exe is launched. This means it does not work reliably. In some cases, this causes DCS not to use the additional cores, and in others it shows no FPS improvement even where the cores get set properly. Admittedly, I have not tried the "THG" program that the original poster mentioned or the alacrity method, but there is a good chance they suffer the same issue unless they insert a delay in setting the affinity.

The script I posted above is designed specifically to avoid the the problem by waiting at least 30 seconds before setting DCS.exe to run on all cores. As I said, it seems to be 100% reliable at this stage, so you may want to try it. Let me know if it gives you any problems.

Edited by wombat778