Always the same frequencies for both radios in channel 1

felixx75

In the editor it is not possible to set two different frequencies for channels 1 of the TARP-136 and TARP-137B. Since the TARP-137B is only capable of UHF, the whole thing only applies to frequencies from 225 MHz. The moment you enter a frequency on channel 1, it is immediately entered on channel 1 of the other radio. Channels 2-20 seem to be OK.
If you enter VHF frequencies in TARP-136, 225 MHz is ALWAYS entered in TARP-137B, as this is the lowest possible frequency.

• Like 1

I think I know what does this, in "Mirage-F1C.lua". See these "connect = true" instructions?

[1] = {  
            name = _("TRAP-136"),
            range = {min = 118.0, max = 399.975},
            channels = {
                [1] = { name = _("Channel 1"), default = 118.0, modulation = _("AM"), connect = true},
                [2] = { name = _("Channel 2"), default = 119.25, modulation = _("AM")},
                [3] = { name = _("Channel 3"), default = 122.0, modulation = _("AM")},

[2] = {  
            name = _("TRAP-137B"),
            range = {min = 225.0, max = 399.975},
            channels = {
                [1] = { name = _("Channel 1"), default = 225.0, modulation = _("AM"), connect = true},
                [2] = { name = _("Channel 2"), default = 230.0, modulation = _("AM")},
                [3] = { name = _("Channel 3"), default = 240.0, modulation = _("AM")},

I guess they shouldn't be here. I'll ask devs.

Edited by Flappie
  • Thanks 2

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, kontiuka said:

Speaking of which, are people able to communicate over either 136 or 137B using the presets?  I haven't had any success.  Only when I manually tune 136 do I get a response.

Yes, but you need ground power or engine started IIRC.

Cheers!

25 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Yes, but you need ground power or engine started IIRC.

Cheers!

I'm trying it in flight.  136 and 137B channel 1 set to Kutaisi (263 MHz).  Both radios on.  Trap 136 turned to preset.  No response when I select green or red radio.  Only when I manually enter the frequency.  Am I missing something?

53 minutes ago, kontiuka said:

I'm trying it in flight.  136 and 137B channel 1 set to Kutaisi (263 MHz).  Both radios on.  Trap 136 turned to preset.  No response when I select green or red radio.  Only when I manually enter the frequency.  Am I missing something?

I have to test latest update I guess. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

2 hours ago, kontiuka said:

No, I don't think you are missing something. I have the same problem. But maybe we are both missing something 😆

• Like 2

Presets do work (as long as you're using integers, but that's another reported bug).

But there's a new bug in town: presets for both radios now have an offset of 5, which means:

• Preset "1" (in cockpit) is actually preset 16
  • Preset "2" (in cockpit) is actually preset 17
  • Preset "5" (in cockpit) is actually preset 20
  • Preset "6" (in cockpit) is actually preset 1
  • Preset "7" (in cockpit) is actually preset 2
  • Preset "20" (in cockpit) is actually preset 15

New issue reported. Thanks for the heads up, gents.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Preset 1 (in ME) is read preset "6" in cockpit
  • Preset 2 (in ME) is read preset "7" in cockpit

That's what I call an offset of 5, but you can call it whatever you want. Anyway, it's reported.

• Like 1

hace 23 horas, Flappie dijo:
  • Preset 1 (in ME) is read preset "6" in cockpit
  • Preset 2 (in ME) is read preset "7" in cockpit

That's what I call an offset of 5, but you can call it whatever you want. Anyway, it's reported.

Sorry but I've tried it a while ago but it doesn't seem to work. 

Asus Rog Strix Z390F, i9-9900K, 64GB Crucial DDR4/3300, RTX3080, NVMe M.2 980 Pro 1T x2, SSD Evo 860 1T x2, Seagate Barracuda 1T, Seagate Barracuda 6T, HP X32C, HP Reverb G1

7 hours ago, Joe1978 said:

Sorry but I've tried it a while ago but it doesn't seem to work. 

You're probably misinterpreting what Flappie wrote.  I had the same problem. Here's what he said written a different way ...

- Dial in preset "6" in the cockpit to get preset "1" in the mission editor
- Dial in preset "7" in the cockpit to get preset "2" in the mission editor
- Dial in preset "20" in the cockpit to get preset "15" in the mission editor
- Dial in preset "1" in the cockpit to get preset "16" in the mission editor
- Dial in preset "2" in the cockpit to get preset "17" in the mission editor
- Dial in preset "3" in the cockpit to get preset "18" in the mission editor
- Dial in preset "4" in the cockpit to get preset "19" in the mission editor
- Dial in preset "5" in the cockpit to get preset "20" in the mission editor

So, whatever you have dialed in is actually referring to 15 presets up.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your answer kontiuka.

In effect, in Caucasus map works like you describing (preset "1" mission editor = "6" Dial radio channel) but in Syria or the Gulf it doesn't ...  Maybe this information is in another report or maybe it's my installation? 

• Like 1

Asus Rog Strix Z390F, i9-9900K, 64GB Crucial DDR4/3300, RTX3080, NVMe M.2 980 Pro 1T x2, SSD Evo 860 1T x2, Seagate Barracuda 1T, Seagate Barracuda 6T, HP X32C, HP Reverb G1

2 hours ago, Joe1978 said:

Thanks for your answer kontiuka.

In effect, in Caucasus map works like you describing (preset "1" mission editor = "6" Dial radio channel) but in Syria or the Gulf it doesn't ...  Maybe this information is in another report or maybe it's my installation? 

There's another bug with decimal point frequencies so that's probably the issue you're having.

• Like 2

On 8/26/2022 at 10:21 PM, felixx75 said:

No, I don't think you are missing something. I have the same problem. But maybe we are both missing something 😆

We are in three that missing something 🤣
I was unable also to contact the AWACS, the frequency (manual) is right, the AWACS menù appear in full white text but when I ask something I didn't hear anything (either my voice or the AWACS reply).

• Like 2

Frequencies with decimal values do not register/work in presets eg 123.60 and 250.5 before and after patch on both radios. I'm tracking the manual dial in on green and the 5 position offset on red. decimals work on manual with green radio. Great Mod BTW

7 minutes ago, COMDZERO said:

Frequencies with decimal values do not register/work in presets eg 123.60 and 250.5 before and after patch on both radios. I'm tracking the manual dial in on green and the 5 position offset on red. decimals work on manual with green radio. Great Mod BTW

It is a known issue.

• Thanks 1