nose wheel steering question

silverdevil
Go to solution Solved by Ala13_ManOWar,

i was wondering. i am not able to lock the nosewheel in place to keep it straight on rollout. i have the ON and OFF mapped to a button on the joystick with a mod and same button. i look at the jet in F2 and see it moving regardless of button presses.

null

image.png

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

51 minutes ago, silverdevil said:

i was wondering. i am not able to lock the nosewheel in place to keep it straight on rollout. i have the ON and OFF mapped to a button on the joystick with a mod and same button. i look at the jet in F2 and see it moving regardless of button presses.

null

image.png

That's not the control you want to map (if any need to be mapped), you have to map "Nose wheel steering high sensitivity button". During start up it's set to steer correctly, but once airborne that switch pops up automatically so you aren't in "high sensitivity" when you're back in the landing run. Once more or less stopped to exit runway you must push high sensitivity switch again in order to taxi back to parking. Once set again you can steer normally, no need to keep it pushed like F-5 or any alike, that's why I say you don't really need to map it to HOTAS controls unless you're plenty of spare buttons.

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

2 minutes ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

That's not the control you want to map (if any need to be mapped), you have to map "Nose wheel steering high sensitivity button".

thank you. so you suggest just clicking the correct button on the central front panel? no need to map?

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

• Solution
1 minute ago, silverdevil said:

thank you. so you suggest just clicking the correct button on the central front panel? no need to map?

Nope unless you want to, but it's a one time push and you're good to go.

• Thanks 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice