Altitude HOLDs errors with 28/7 patch

AvroLanc

There seems to be errors with the ALTITUDE HOLD functions with the latest OB patch.

1. The box around the RADAR ALTITUDE digital readout (IHADSS and FLT page) now doesn't appear with ALT HOLD engaged.

2. BARO HOLD doesn't work at all. No engagement, no EUFD advisory, no box around altitude readout. 

3. RAD ALT HOLD is now rubbish, doesn't really work well.

Screen_220728_175156.jpg

• Like 9

• ED Team

Marker / box is missing but radar Alt hold is working. 

I have asked the team to check Baro hold

It is known and reported

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Lost altitude hold, both modes, also.

• Like 1

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

+1 

and for sure it's me, i "learned" how to hover (60%good, 40% kill myself and George) but afer this patch it returned very difficult to hover correctly (10% good 90% crash)

"If you low&slow you're BBQing, if you hot&fast you're grilling, if you low&fast you're flying an Apache"

I can confirm AL mode/Right not working. 

I press this button but it doesn't appear its engagement in the enhanced upfront display

"If you low&slow you're BBQing, if you hot&fast you're grilling, if you low&fast you're flying an Apache"

RAD AL HOLD in hover works for me. it‘s engaging and I get a message in EUFD. Just the symbol in IADSS is missing.

BAR AL HOLD does not work.

• Like 1

DCS MT 2.9.3.51704
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - FC3 - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO105 - CH-47F - AH-1G(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer)

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog(40cm Ext., Dampers) + Throttle, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

Just tested. Could not get altitude HOLD to engage in any way. No sound, no message in EUFD and no box in my IHADSS.

Tried engaging while in flight below 100 FT.

Tried engaging while in hover.

No joy.

Have just tested in single player mode and all weights, including full fuel, Hellfires and rkts (over 8000 kg) at 20 degrees temp at Hama airbase and Radar Alt Hold worked every time. No attitude hold used. No trim applied. Stable enough to hover taxi into hangar.

20220804002953_1.jpg

Edited by Ian Boys UK

Just wanted to chime in here myself.  I'm running Stable Version DCS 2.7.16.28157 released August 4th and have noticed same thing while attempting Altitude Hold.  In the Track File, you'll see me go to a hover from the runway, about 10 feet, stabilize myself and hit Speed Hold.  You see the box on left side of my IHADSS.  I then come down to about 7 feet and hit the Altitude Hold.  No symbology shows up on right side of the IHADSS.  Yet, it seems to be holding my altitude.  I go "Hands Free" from the HOTAS, and you can see it holding steady and at 7 feet above the ground.  I then go to outside view, again I'm "Hands Free" and the Apache is holding steady and at Altitude Hold yet no symbology on the right side of my IHADSS.

Please see Track File attached below.

ah64althold.trk