Looking for Recommendations on high-end Virpil or VKB

I've been out of the hobby for a few years and want a good backup stick when I return late this year.  I've got a Virpil WarBRD that I bought ~3 years ago that will be my primary stick but I had a few questions about the current state of controllers.

1) Did I dream this or where there some complaints about the Virpil WarBRD or one of the VKB sticks having an asymmetrical feel with the gimbal (on at least some of the units sold).  If so, was that fixed?  Which stick (if any) had this issue?

2) What is considered the premium VIRPIL stick?  What is considered the premium VKB stick?

I fly anything from WW1 to Fighter Jets and will probably use an extension (~3-4").

Anything from either of those companies is premium . Better to think of it in terms of what meets your requirements re layout , overall height and throw .

Virpil has the lead in overall customer experience , as their software is better , as is the ordering process . You can pre-order with Virpil & reserve a place in line for delivery , as opposed to VKB's "better luck next time" approach .

I suppose the VKB "Ultimate" is their best stick , as it has a metal grip shell and the ability to swap out a limited number of axes/hats .

Edited by Svsmokey

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

1) I only know about an asymmetrical feel for the MongoosT-50CM2 Base. I bought mine about a year ago and it had this problem. More people reported it in this thread on the Virpil forum. After reporting the issue I received new cams, but these were flawed as well. They do feel symmetrical now but feel rough and have bumps in the curve - it feels a bit like small 'detents' you have to push through at various places. As far as I know, they are still looking for a solution.

2) I am very, very happy with my VPC Constellation Alpha but I have no other sticks to compare with except a very cheap old one.

[Edit August 26] 1) Just received new cams. Problem solved.

Edited by jmossr

My year old warBRD feels fine and I think the main difference between this and MongoosT-50CM2 is that the warBRD should not have extensions. It feels very precise and premium to me. I have it with the mongoose grip which I like as it's long (for a non extended pit setup). It's also light which adds to the precision. I did use it for a while with the TM a10 stick which was heavy and it wasn't nearly as precise. 

Thanks for the comments!  Looking for as many as I can get.  I just took a look at the stick and it's the WarBRD and it did not seem asymmetrical at all.  I did also notice that it seems very large and would probably be fine without an extension.  If I put a small 2-3" one on is that a problem for some reason?   

Both Virpil and VKB make excellent sticks, you really can not go wrong with either.

Virpil probably has a little better to understand software.  I use a Virpil CM3 throttle, a Virpil Collective, and a VKB Gunfighter Pro stick and Ultimate Grip with 200mm extension. Very happy with my hardware choices.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|