Should the sun cover for the radar scope block the bottom row of buttons?

RED

That's not the pilot's perspective exactly, if you go that far down with your head inside the in game cockpit you would see pretty much the same in the module.

Anyhow, I might recall there was some sort of thick fabric covering that lower hollow, preventing light from going in there, but not a problem to overcome with your fingers to touch the buttons. I've seen that somewhere, but not even sure it was for F1, perhaps other aircraft featuring the radar cover 🤔 .

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar
typo

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

In 2D, with Track IR, the sun cover is a pain. In 3D, in VR, you can see the RWR below easily, and see how it actually worked IRL (you can even lean in close, and put your face onto it, exactly as one might have done in reality) - theres a slot for your fingers to go through I think? When you lean in, the buttons are clearly visible and clickable. Either way, I turn it off, just because I find the thing janky looking in reality, but I can completely see the need, as well as that it's not nearly as obtrusive as one thinks when you see it in 2D - in VR you can see how it made sense.

• Like 2

Yeah, so i just yanked my head down there in VR and there is indeed the gap to touch the buttons. Didn't know it was a problem in 2D with the RWR. The thing with the sun cover right now is that it doesnt block the sun but blocks your fingers(mouse).

2 hours ago, RED said:

Yeah, so i just yanked my head down there in VR and there is indeed the gap to touch the buttons. Didn't know it was a problem in 2D with the RWR. The thing with the sun cover right now is that it doesnt block the sun but blocks your fingers(mouse).

Well, I remember if you pass your mouse cursor over the place the buttons are there and could be operated. You have to already know the location of each one though.

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice