Desperately Needed: Voice effects

Miles Vorkosigan

Our group, and our public servers have been trying to integrate DCS VoIP but the main resistance is that it is impossible to tell if someone is talking in Discord (we use to organize flights, etc) or DCS VoIP. 
We really need some type of voice effects capability to know where the voice is coming from. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Also I should add that if you want to go all out with this, you can make different voice affects for the major modules. Then not only would people know the difference between voip and TS/Discord but they would also be able to tell, with enough experience, what kind of aircraft is talking. This could be done by passing along the cockpit audio in the transmission in low quality. Based on what I have heard I think this would be realistic, especially for certain helicopters and teen series fighters.

The most pressing issue, still is mic clicks, beeps or any sound to have a feedback for PushToTalk button pressed and release, as well as incoming transmissions.

This basic audible info, if you correctly press and hold the PTT button is a key component to make a simplex transmission based radio simulation work. Press PTT - click - talk - release PTT - click. Hear a click - listen and don't press PTT - hear a click - channel free...

• Like 1

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)