WW2 AI flying sideways and sometimes turning around like a car (not like a plane)

i've also seen aircraft flying sideways and turning in strange ways, but it happened only one or two times and i wouldn't know how to recreate. i think it was a german ju-88.
it was a simple self-made mission without any scripting going on. pretty sure that it was also channel map and played directly from the editor.
this was on stable branch.

• 1 month later...

Just started DCS today from half a year of absence and this bug is still present. Its related to bombers like B-17, C-47 and others. Bug appears mostly when AI is changing direction of flight or when reaching a waypoint. Seems like they fly or some kind of rails, like its scripted, they fly sideways, this is super immersion breaker. Similar thing happens on multiplayer when someone have bad connection like loosing packets and then he's plane is going back quickly to correct position.

Yes, due to very simplified FM of these kinds of AI, and some situations where for example they have to correct their position/trajectory with an initial orientation that is way off their new trajectory vector, they do crazy moves.

Example track attached : 1 pair of B17, crossing trajectory of another B17 pair, has to rejoin it in a "big formation". N°2 from follower pair does crazy moves to rejoin its position in formation.

WWII-bomber-FM-bug.trk

Edited by toutenglisse

For the larger WW2 aircraft this has been reported around the start of July. At the time I had checked the WW2 fighters and modern aircraft to see if it was occurring for them but thankfully their behavior seemed to be correct. 

• Like 1

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 1 month later...

Problem still not fixed, today i was trying to kill some B-17 but its impossible when they teleport in front of you. I would like to also posses that power of teleportation. In picture below you can clearly see how much they changed direction just in front of my nose that's ridiculous. This is single player, i have made simple bombing mission but bombers ale shifting aka drifting all over the place.

teleport.png