Buy or Build PC for VR (UK)

Set the "confusion" aside. I guess I need to restate the requirement that the rig I am looking for is for running DCS in VR. Yes, I have read the benchmarks that the 3080 runs great at 4K on 2D, but in VR, so it is pushing the same screen twice! And I am just talking about my lowly Quest 2 and the goal is to max the settings and run at 60+ fps under most circumstances. I read that elsewhere in this Forum that if one wants to run more advanced headsets like HP G2, Areo, etc. The 3080 is the bare minimum. More benchmarks out that are mostly running in 2D, so I am not sure if GPU along is sufficient in making up the differences. And I am future-looking, even though DCS may not be catching up in terms of the hardware setup in the next 3 years. (But fingers-crossed it will)

Another statement I would like to make, but I guess it is an Internet thing, so I would give it a pass not bothering with your time...

I finally find the complete Build-it-yourself section at Scan. Findings: yes, I was wrong. DDR4 systems (at 3600) is much less expensive and it may even justify jumping from i5-12600K to i7-12700K.

Anyway, the case is, my timeline would be towards to end of November where I expect things will go crazily cheap and by the then RTX-40xx will be out, giving the RTX-30xx the price avalanche it deserves, an EVGA 3090 Ti is around £1,4xx - $1,8xx right now and I think it is still "unaffordable", when it costs half of the system:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/EVGA-GeForce-GAMING-24G-P5-4985-KR-Backplate/dp/B09W4SN2M7/ref=sr_1_1?crid=22XGOZW1CU1CU&keywords=evga+3090+ti&qid=1660041567&sprefix=evga+3090+ti%2Caps%2C118&sr=8-1

Questions:

1. If the MoBo does not come with WiFi, does it have any Bluetooth?
  2. If not, does the WiFi card give you Bluetooth also?
  3. If the components, say fans and card, come with lights ("RGB"), can I turn them all off?

Thanks all again for your input.

Edited by VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

29 minutes ago, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants said:

Set the "confusion" aside. I guess I need to restate the requirement that the rig I am looking for is for running DCS in VR. Yes, I have read the benchmarks that the 3080 runs great at 4K on 2D, but in VR, so it is pushing the same screen twice! And I am just talking about my lowly Quest 2 and the goal is to max the settings and run at 60+ fps under most circumstances. I read that elsewhere in this Forum that if one wants to run more advanced headsets like HP G2, Areo, etc. The 3080 is the bare minimum. More benchmarks out that are mostly running in 2D, so I am not sure if GPU along is sufficient in making up the differences. And I am future-looking, even though DCS may not be catching up in terms of the hardware setup in the next 3 years. (But fingers-crossed it will)

Another statement I would like to make, but I guess it is an Internet thing, so I would give it a pass not bothering with your time...

I finally find the complete Build-it-yourself section at Scan. Findings: yes, I was wrong. DDR4 systems (at 3600) is much less expensive and it may even justify jumping from i5-12600K to i7-12700K.

Anyway, the case is, my timeline would be towards to end of November where I expect things will go crazily cheap and by the then RTX-40xx will be out, giving the RTX-30xx the price avalanche it deserves, an EVGA 3090 Ti is around £1,4xx - $1,8xx right now and I think it is still "unaffordable", when it costs half of the system:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/EVGA-GeForce-GAMING-24G-P5-4985-KR-Backplate/dp/B09W4SN2M7/ref=sr_1_1?crid=22XGOZW1CU1CU&keywords=evga+3090+ti&qid=1660041567&sprefix=evga+3090+ti%2Caps%2C118&sr=8-1

Questions:

1. If the MoBo does not come with WiFi, does it have any Bluetooth?
  2. If not, does the WiFi card give you Bluetooth also?
  3. If the components, say fans and card, comes with lights ("RGB"), can I turn them all off?

Thanks all again for your input.

I wouldn't go for an i5. We all know DCS is much more CPU intensive than a standard game. Sims usually are. I would go i9 and yes many people will point out that more cores are not needed but each level has increased cache and single core performance. Less gains between i7 to i9 for the money so depends on your budget.

Also if you can go for 3090 then do. I have this for Q2 (max res, 80Mhz, MSAAx2 + MFAA, clouds ultra) and I definitely don't have the stutter problems than many seem to. I also have never had to alt tab out. I also only have 32gb ram (view distance high, max preload). I  can run engimas on syria just fine. My issue is the CPU (i9 9900KS) which gets hit hard when the game simulation is high (bombers dropping, lots of AI etc), I can wizz through MP syria in the apache normally (grayflag). I would expect a 12th gen i7 to be a better performer but I would spend more on an i9. It does have extra cache and looking at how DCS likes the 5800X3D, DCS likes cache. Again small increase for extra money so open to personal opinion.

Worth noting that although the performance between the 3090 and 3090ti isn't massive, the 3090ti has significantly better/improved power delivery. Some 3090s haven't coped well and have had failed power stages. Its said that the ti is using design specs from the 40 series....

As for your questions

1. Check mobo manufacturer's website they will have the manual available which should tell you everything.

2.Again I would check with the card you want to buy. I wouldn't say its a given. I think wifi and bluetooth usb "dongles" can be bought pretty cheap though

3.Probably... RGB systems are a bit of a mess. Fan RGB can just be unplugged (separate RGB and motor plugs). My RGB on the RAM and GPU do stay off without the software, some may not. It might be that it all goes through a controller, which you can just unplug. I would expect that you would be able to disable most of it without too much problem. some may need the software installed to switch it off from a default state.

Edited by Hoirtel
  • Thanks 1

Thanks. I do not have stuttering, but ghosting, of which the object moving across the screen shows multiple images, even at 40+fps. It is particular worse when it passes on either side, and  is quite annoying.

Yes, I am about to throw down thousands of pounds just to fix ghosting. 😄

May I ask if you are running in native Oculus, SteamVR, or OpenXR?

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

2 hours ago, Hoirtel said:

I wouldn't go for an i5. We all know DCS is much more CPU intensive than a standard game. Sims usually are. I would go i9 and yes many people will point out that more cores are not needed but each level has increased cache and single core performance. Less gains between i7 to i9 for the money so depends on your budget.

Also if you can go for 3090 then do. I have this for Q2 (max res, 80Mhz, MSAAx2 + MFAA, clouds ultra) and I definitely don't have the stutter problems than many seem to. I also have never had to alt tab out. I also only have 32gb ram (view distance high, max preload). I  can run engimas on syria just fine. My issue is the CPU (i9 9900KS) which gets hit hard when the game simulation is high (bombers dropping, lots of AI etc), I can wizz through MP syria in the apache normally (grayflag). I would expect a 12th gen i7 to be a better performer but I would spend more on an i9. It does have extra cache and looking at how DCS likes the 5800X3D, DCS likes cache. Again small increase for extra money so open to personal opinion.

Worth noting that although the performance between the 3090 and 3090ti isn't massive, the 3090ti has significantly better/improved power delivery. Some 3090s haven't coped well and have had failed power stages. Its said that the ti is using design specs from the 40 series....

I will disagree on the i9 12900K. It's the worst purchase of the lot, even with the slightly higher cache, and I don't care how hardcore a gamer/simmer gets to be.
It's a power hog and an utter furnace, and even if you never reach the full TDP, the price alone for the CPU (700€) will make it a really bad purchase for any gaming system, VR, competiive twich shooter, hardcore simmer or whatnot.
Would only go for it if you're someone that needs one for monetary profit (professional reasons) on apps/tools/programs that can actually take advantage of the 8 P-Cores and 24 threads - DCS certainly isn't it.

DCS only uses 2 cores/threads and 1/2 at most, AFAIK.
An i5 12600K is pretty much all that you'll need, more so if you overclock the 12600K for even more performance (not needed, but...) to raise the clock and therefore IPC (for single-threaded apps/games), which results in similar in-game performance, and that goes for 290€ (less than half the price of the 12900K).
You won't be able to pick which one is which in a blindfolded test, and I'd argue not even with a FPS/frame-time counter, certainly not with DCS.

Personally, I'd go for the i7 12700K (if Intel 12th gen), or the 5800X3D (if AMD Ryzen) if budget allows it. That's where one can draw the line as "maximum" for whatever intensive game/sim that one can bring on. Anything above these two stops making sense ("emperor's new clothes" and all that), IMHO.

I fully agree on the RTX3090 vs RTX3090Ti, definitely get the latter if you're already aiming at the former.
Whichever the case, either will be outdated when RTX4000 series get out, just like the RTX2080Ti was when the RTX3000 series got out two years ago.
If you can, wait for the new ones, or wait for prices on what we have now (then older tech) to decrease when the new stuff is out.

Edited by LucShep
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

CGTC Caucasus retexture mod  |  A-10A cockpit retexture mod  |  Shadows reduced impact mod  |  DCS 2.5.6  (the best version for performance, VR or 2D)

DCS terrain modules_July23_27pc_ns.pngDCS aircraft modules_July23_27pc_ns.png  aka Luke Marqs; call sign "Ducko" =

Spoiler

Win10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 12700K (@5.1/5.0p + 3.9e) | 64GB DDR4 @3466 CL16 (Crucial Ballistix) | RTX 3090 24GB EVGA FTW3 Ultra | 2TB NVMe (MP600 Pro XT) + 500GB SSD (WD Blue) + 3TB HDD (Toshiba P300) + 1TB HDD (WD Blue) | Corsair RMX 850W | Asus Z690 TUF+ D4 | TR PA120SE | Fractal Meshify C | M-Audio USB + Sennheiser HD-599SE | 7x USB 3.0 Hub | 50'' 4K Philips 7608/12 UHD TV (+Head Tracking) | HP Reverb G1 Pro (VR) | TM Warthog + Logitech X56 

39 minutes ago, LucShep said:

Whichever the case, either will be outdated when RTX4000 series get out, just like the RTX2080Ti was when the RTX3000 series got out two years ago.
If you can, wait for the new ones, or wait for prices on what we have now (then older tech) to decrease when the new stuff is out.

This is what I am waiting for -- when the RTX40x0 shows up, the price of RTX30x0 will slide, according to history.

There are also 2 risks:

1. Even the low-end model of the RTX40x0 may surpass the RTX3090Ti in terms of performance at  a slightly higher price
  2. And definitely, the power and heat problem will be much better in the new RTX40x0

Of course, assuming I can get my hand on by then.

29 minutes ago, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants said:

This is what I am waiting for -- when the RTX40x0 shows up, the price of RTX30x0 will slide, according to history.

There are also 2 risks:

1. Even the low-end model of the RTX40x0 may surpass the RTX3090Ti in terms of performance at  a slightly higher price
  2. And definitely, the power and heat problem will be much better in the new RTX40x0

Of course, assuming I can get my hand on by then.

Just speculation from my part, but I expect the RTX4070 to be at least on par with an RTX3080Ti (with same 12GB GDDR6, though it has been rumoured with 10GB... we'll see), but at lower price and lower TDP.
If prices don't get to be outrageous this time around (as mining is going into the dumpster, fortunately), that will sell like hotcakes, and a pretty darn good choice for DCS. 

Edited by LucShep
  • Thanks 1

CGTC Caucasus retexture mod  |  A-10A cockpit retexture mod  |  Shadows reduced impact mod  |  DCS 2.5.6  (the best version for performance, VR or 2D)

DCS terrain modules_July23_27pc_ns.pngDCS aircraft modules_July23_27pc_ns.png  aka Luke Marqs; call sign "Ducko" =

Spoiler

Win10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 12700K (@5.1/5.0p + 3.9e) | 64GB DDR4 @3466 CL16 (Crucial Ballistix) | RTX 3090 24GB EVGA FTW3 Ultra | 2TB NVMe (MP600 Pro XT) + 500GB SSD (WD Blue) + 3TB HDD (Toshiba P300) + 1TB HDD (WD Blue) | Corsair RMX 850W | Asus Z690 TUF+ D4 | TR PA120SE | Fractal Meshify C | M-Audio USB + Sennheiser HD-599SE | 7x USB 3.0 Hub | 50'' 4K Philips 7608/12 UHD TV (+Head Tracking) | HP Reverb G1 Pro (VR) | TM Warthog + Logitech X56 

2 hours ago, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants said:

Thanks. I do not have stuttering, but ghosting, of which the object moving across the screen shows multiple images, even at 40+fps. It is particular worse when it passes on either side, and  is quite annoying.

Yes, I am about to throw down thousands of pounds just to fix ghosting. 😄

May I ask if you are running in native Oculus, SteamVR, or OpenXR?

Oculus alone. I personally think it runs very well, I have never seen the need to mod with openxr, I don't use the tray tool and I would never use steam vr with it. I do knock the FOV down to 0.9 in both vertical and horizonal using the debug tool. It just shaves off a few pixels around the edge and gives a bit of a boost without me really noticing any change.

Yes the ghosting can happen anywhere. I tune my settings to a low run over adana and get no ghosting. It does ghost on Marianas a little, but this is the frame rate going low (under 40 for me) Polygon count is very high on this map. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, LucShep said:

I will disagree on the i9 12900K. It's the worst purchase of the lot, even with the slightly higher cache, and I don't care how hardcore a gamer/simmer gets to be.
It's a power hog and an utter furnace, and even if you never reach the full TDP, the price alone for the CPU (700€) will make it a really bad purchase for any gaming system, VR, competiive twich shooter, hardcore simmer or whatnot.
Would only go for it if you're someone that needs one for monetary profit (professional reasons) on apps/tools/programs that can actually take advantage of the 8 P-Cores and 24 threads - DCS certainly isn't it.

DCS only uses 2 cores/threads and 1/2 at most, AFAIK.
An i5 12600K is pretty much all that you'll need, more so if you overclock the 12600K for even more performance (not needed, but...) to raise the clock and therefore IPC (for single-threaded apps/games), which results in similar in-game performance, and that goes for 290€ (less than half the price of the 12900K).
You won't be able to pick which one is which in a blindfolded test, and I'd argue not even with a FPS/frame-time counter, certainly not with DCS.

Personally, I'd go for the i7 12700K (if Intel 12th gen), or the 5800X3D (if AMD Ryzen) if budget allows it. That's where one can draw the line as "maximum" for whatever intensive game/sim that one can bring on. Anything above these two stops making sense ("emperor's new clothes" and all that), IMHO.

I fully agree on the RTX3090 vs RTX3090Ti, definitely get the latter if you're already aiming at the former.

Food for thought... I would love to test them side by side for DCS VR. If overclocking by 100/200Mhz helps DCS a little I would expect the higher boosts and bigger cache to help more. Its just that comes a large cost in both money and power draw. They do all increase in single thread scores

I am working up to a new build too will be new gen AMD or intel, got to wait for reviews. Later down the line a 40 series. If 13th gen is the way to go its power draw may push me to a i7 anyway. It won't be faster if it throttles all the time!

• Thanks 1

I always think ghosting could either be an Oculus or DCS thing. It does not make any sense when the frame-rate is good enough, the rendering should be able to catch up... I am trying the 90% crop thing.

Just now, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants said:

I always think ghosting could either be an Oculus or DCS thing. It does not make any sense when the frame-rate is good enough, the rendering should be able to catch up... I am trying the 90% crop thing.

I think its a reprojection/DCS thing. I have tried a G2 (way back well before openXR) and i couldn't control the ghosting at all. When reprojection is on there will always be some ghosting. I notice it if I look back at wingtip edges and roll fast. The double image or terrian moving past is the two images struggling to run in time.

Try changing the VR pre-rendered frames in the NVCP, changing to 2 (or more) might help. NVCP doesn't do anything either way that makes massive differences but there are small effects to be had. I would like to know more about how this setting interacts with reprojection, it might be that setting to 2 is better?

• Thanks 1

Saying "don't buy an i5" for DCS is pish.

We get this an awful lot from new PC builders wanting a good rig for DCS in VR. A 12600 (non K) is a very good option, plus 32 or 64 GB or DDR4, 3080 12GB (non Ti).

That will run DCS perfectly well in OpenXR in VR. No need for 3090Ti or 12900K CPU's.

And as they are cheap at the moment, a far better bet than waiting for an overpriced next gen CPU and GPU, which will be 50% cheaper in 5 years.

• Like 1

Well, my current laptop is an 11th Gen i7 with 32GB with a RTX3080 laptop, it can run PCVR well, and the extend of how well it is, really depends expectations. I definitely don't think it is well "enough", even though most light scenarios run well above 30fps on all maps, with Q2 resolution in one-third up from the min. I run OpenXR too. Note that we are not even talking about the monsters like G2, Primax 8K or even Aero which one day, I may wake up and want one, who knows? And if one is doing content creation at the same time, like I occasionally do, a better system won't hurt, not to mention, at the very start, I am "future-oriented" and I think my investment better stands the test of a 3-year time. So, having the ability to OC would help a little, in case the software gets more demanding than expected. A little research shows it is not that hard to do, just be careful, with patience and disciple and a lot of testing.

BTW, 12th Gen Intel Alder Lake is the current generation and I have no idea what and when "next gen" CPU will arrive.

I really want to respect and thank all the input here, but I think it is really an internet thing I cannot ask too much for.

While I could concede that the gains might be minimal on the higher CPU's, I would expect that the GPU there is more to lose by going lower. I fully expect a 3080 12gb to run DCS VR but I have read in many forums about people having problems with VRAM and/or with certain modules. Solution is to lower cockpit or terrain textures. This has just not happened to me. I never intended to buy 24gb of vram but I had to  get what was available when I could and I am glad I did. Maybe DCS shouldn't use VRAM like this, maybe it won't in the future, but I'm pretty sure it does now. But as with everything in the world, the highest tiers cost exponentially more money for less gain.

I run very high settings and DCS looks great to me. I guess the fact that I can still do this on a 9900 probably does demonstrate that a lower 12th would be much the same... 

Btw @VR Flight Guy in PJ PantsI wouldn't over compare laptop hardware to desktop. It is configured to run off a battery and in a small box so limited by power draw and cooling. Those are the two main considerations for desktop to maximise performance. 

Next gen intel and AMD are due soon-ish. by the end of this year probably All to play for in terms of best for DCS, I'm waiting for reviews. It seems that amd's new vcache is doing well for dcs so that may be one to watch. If you are thinking ahead then best wait for these to come out.

• Thanks 1

I know a so call 3080 laptop is more like a 2080 on desktop.

I may not need next gen CPU, we all know in foreseeable future, the DCS engine cannot make full use of it.

I only need Cyber Monday!

😁

I've been lurking on this tread for a day or two as my current machine is a bit long in the tooth and needs an upgrade soon.

I appreciate all the great input you guys have given in this thread.  I will let you all know what I end up going with and how it runs once I pull the trigger.

Thanks!

Wurger

• Like 2

i9-13900K@5.8Ghz, RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Aorus Elite AX MB, 64GB DDR5 6000, 2x2TB M.2 980pro SSDs, Win11 64 P, TM Warthog, T-IR 2D @ 4K, Quest Pro VR.

Well, I am looking at Amazon.co.uk and to my amazement, a RTX-3080 Ti now drops below £900.00.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/EVGA-GeForce-RTX-3080-XC3/dp/B0979GYMHP/ref=sr_1_10?crid=3T2VMK6HUSFVE&keywords=evga+3090+ti&qid=1660770040&sprefix=evga+3090+ti%2Caps%2C75&sr=8-10

Looks like this card is from US&A. I would still wait...

And this video talks about what may appear in the months to come (and the rumour that we may not get RTX-40x0 this year at all):

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, quickie. Is EVGA card is the best or can I get other brands which may be less expensive.  The RTX 3090 are still not dropping enough at the time of typing. 😕

• Thanks 1

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Thanks but I am in the UK…

Maybe this is obvious but it’s worth being aware of the heat output of these current  high end GPU and CPUs. 

I went from an I7 and 1080 to an I9 and 3080 and the heat output change is very noticeable, these components generate a prodigious amount of heat, your PC will become a fan heater. If your gaming rig is in a small room then unless it’s the depths of winter your going to have to make additional arrangements, extra ventilation, you may be even looking ar AC. You won’t need to worry about heating lol, not at all…

• Thanks 1

Thanks. So I am looking at those "Airflow" cases and get more case fans...

Yes, invest in plenty fans. Even if you watercool everything you likely end up with a gazillion of fans and it pays back not to pick the cheapest.

Rather have too many than too few if your GPU dumps it all in the case.

I myself recently changed fans on my external radiator as the ones I had turned squeeky after 5 years but since you just can't get 4x 180x180x20mm fans anymore I had to opt for 9x 120mm fans. Well, that is a big accoustic change as well, from 4x 180mm to 9x 120mm...dang !  I did the right thing and bought 9x Noctua and they are even quieter than the 180mm Phobya I had. The downside is 4x the price.

FYI:

For anyone planning on an external Mo-Ra3, they seem to become more and more woke, by all means, get the 420 instead of 360 size. Both can have many small fans or 4 "BIG" fans, just no one makes them big 180mm fans in narrow for the 360 anymore, which is 4x 180mmx20mm. Noctua on the other hand makes a superb 200mm fan, even in Mo-Ra3-Edition meanwhile, so you can skip 9x 140mm and bolt on 4x 200mm Noctua and be super silent and save money too. Imho the best rad solution out there.

• Thanks 1

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Still, is EVGA card the only brand choice?

Addition: begin to question if RTX 3090 Ti worth it or I should get the plain RTX 3090 instead.

On 8/30/2022 at 7:13 AM, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants said:

Still, is EVGA card the only brand choice?

Addition: begin to question if RTX 3090 Ti worth it or I should get the plain RTX 3090 instead.

Ti has the better power delivery components. The plain one has had issues although evga are probably one of the better ones. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/31/2022 at 5:35 AM, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants said:

Saving up for year end, I am beginning my research on a new PC, here are some of my basic ideas:

• i9 CPU
  • 64GB RAM
  • 2TB SSD

As for GPU, I am waiting for RTX 30xx to fall off the cliff when RTX 40xx arrives, so I may get a (used?) 3090 or 3090TI

Assume that I am getting one from scratch, should I buy one (I am not talking about Dell, HP, etc), or should I DIY?

Also, I am aware that there are a lot of other stuffs to consider. What else should I note for, say cooling, power supply, etc? Your advise and input are very much appreciated.

It is overwhelming to start to build it yourself for the first time. you run into things like Motherboards and if they are next gen ready or will not be. all motherboards need the firmware updated and cmos Bios setup to get the most out of  the parts you just installed. Power supply will be looked at and over looked and we all do it different but I always over build on my Power supply because I Know I will make changes down the road. Crazy but I have a 1000w Power Supply I run a Power hungry RX 9600XT Red Devil GPU, VR, LED, Liquid cooling Large Fans, The Case is important there is junk ones so your going to educate yourself on them and airflow. Memory can't just be put into any memory slot so your going to be forced to educate yourself on your motherboard a lot. From the front of the case to hooking up all the wires to the motherboard for start button, reset button, USB ports, lights (Option) Wire management in the case. Crazy stuff to think about when it comes to how it looks because stock power wires are ugly so you can buy fancy clean looking wires and on and on. For the First time if done right and setup right who cares what it looks like as long as it is setup right. then Hard drives I have 5, 2 NVMe, and 2 SSD, and a WD Black. Games are crazy big then if you do a lot of video or digital art and Sound file editing the junk piles up fast. You need to go into a DIY project knowing ahead of time all the looking up reading and educating you are going to have to make yourself do if no one has opened your eyes to the amount of all this stuff. The Crazy Part is it is so easy to do IF YOU KNOW what NOT to do wrong and HOW TO DO IT RIGHT. Best of Luck I built my first Computer over 25 years ago. I still have to Educate myself every time I build a new Computer. I am always Shocked by what I need to learn. Sometimes you pay more to build a DIY unit but ODDS are nobody is building one like it better. Manufactured Computers are over priced and corners Cut that you did not CUT in your build. Good Luck and Enjoy WATCH THE "GAMERS NEXUS" Videos make them your best friend for Educating information.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1