Why Eagle Dynamic?

What keeps you from installing the beta client? The downsides are minuscule (if there are any at all).

• Like 2

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

15 minutes ago, Tom Kazansky said:

I don't get it. Is this a Steam issue? I have stand alone stable DCS and Marianas map for quite some time.

Could be. That´s what it says on the steam page for Marianas:
This map will initially only be available from the Open Beta DCS Word Steam Edition.

But really, I have yet to find a reason not to use the Beta Version ...

Edited by Eugel
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Eugel said:

Could be. That´s what it says on the steam page for Marianas:
This map will initially only be available from the Open Beta DCS Word Steam Edition.

it was available on steam stable the moment it released on standalone stable. maybe OP forgot to simply download it, since it's techncially a seperate module?

Edited by twistking
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Spliff Ridah said:

Can you tell me why its still imposible to use the Marianas map if you didnt use the beta version of the game?

Such rediculous...

It's been available for stable version users since July 2021, DCS build 2.7.3.

The description on Steam page is probably outdated, that's all. 

• Like 2

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

1 minute ago, Art-J said:

The description on Steam page is probably outdated, that's all. 

...like the German steam shop site of the Hornet, which I reported loooong ago and still says:

"HINWEIS 1: Die Hornet ist derzeit nur in der Open-Beta-Version von DCS World auf Steam verfügbar."

means:

"NOTE 1: The Hornet is currently only available in the open beta of DCS World on Steam."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eugel said:

[...]

But really, I have yet to find a reason not to use the Beta Version ...

An honest question. I would like others' opinions on why you would need both Stable and Beta releases installed. If you already have Beta installed, doesn't that imply that you probably won't be using Stable much, if at all? The only real reason I can find, is to engage with those that don't want to hop onto the Beta train and deal with the zero-day issues.

11 hours ago, Chump said:

An honest question. I would like others' opinions on why you would need both Stable and Beta releases installed. If you already have Beta installed, doesn't that imply that you probably won't be using Stable much, if at all? The only real reason I can find, is to engage with those that don't want to hop onto the Beta train and deal with the zero-day issues.

There are many threads for that topic with all pros and cons that might answer your question much faster than this one.

Edited by Tom Kazansky
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Chump said:

An honest question. I would like others' opinions on why you would need both Stable and Beta releases installed.

You don't. Who says otherwise?

19 hours ago, Chump said:

The only real reason I can find, is to engage with those that don't want to hop onto the Beta train and deal with the zero-day issues.

That's really the only reason. But the vast majority of multiplayer folks are on the Open Beta anyways.

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 2

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg