fix for double mouse cursors for Varjo Aero?

WelshZeCorgi

21 minutes ago, WelshZeCorgi said:

Does anyone have this issue and has anyone managed to find a fix or do we have to wait a few years for ED to fix it?

Do you have the following in a shortcut for DCS.exe on your desktop? Below is how mine is listed for my version and the drive it is on. You will want to add the --force_steam_VR at the end of your executable for the shortcut. Note there is a space before the beginning of the --.

"D:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS.exe" --force_steam_VR

Suggest you also check out @Supmua guide for new Aero users.  https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Also, I tried downloading the OpenXR files and putting them into the bin file as well, broke the shortcut, just went straight to crash reporting window. 

Also, is the 4 windowed reprojection normal? It doesn't seem normal. 

image.png

Screenshot 2022-07-31 185128.png

Edited by WelshZeCorgi

1 hour ago, WelshZeCorgi said:

I tried that. Doesn't work. It might be because I have DCS installed on a completely different drive from Windows. Not sure. Nothing happens, not even an error window. 

That should not matter, as you can see by the shortcut properties I posted my DCS is not on my system drive either.

Did you also try flipping the top/bottom lenses using the DCS WMR Debug Tool? IIRC this needs to be done for Aero as well with DCS.

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/214525-wmr-debug-tool-cross-eye-alignment/

10 minutes ago, WelshZeCorgi said:

Also, I tried downloading the OpenXR files and putting them into the bin file as well, broke the shortcut, just went straight to crash reporting window. 

Also, is the 4 windowed reprojection normal? It doesn't seem normal. 

image.png

Screenshot 2022-07-31 185128.png

You have misspelled steam_VR in that image.

Fix the misspelling for steam_VR in the shortcut properties and use the Debug Tool to swap top/bottom lenses and save, and you should be golden.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

1 hour ago, WelshZeCorgi said:

Yeah that did it... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

dum...

:thumbup:

Have fun with that great new headset!

• Thanks 1

Don B

I have done the above steps and gotten the headset and curser fix working good. However, it seems that I have a little 'fisheye' effect going on. Admittedly, only used the new headset for a few hours in DCS but it seems that this is different than the G2 I replaced.

Wondering if anyone noticed anything like this.

ps. thanks to all those who have helped the new varjo users.

Edited by boapiu

1 hour ago, boapiu said:

I have done the above steps and gotten the headset and curser fix working good. However, it seems that I have a little 'fisheye' effect going on. Admittedly, only used the new headset for a few hours in DCS but it seems that this is different than the G2 I replaced.

Wondering if anyone noticed anything like this.

ps. thanks to all those who have helped the new varjo users.

You need to grab the WMR Debug Tool. Then use it to flip the top/bottom lenses and save it. That will fix the fisheye effect.

If you still have the distortion effect insure you are are the latest Varjo Base software/firmware. Previous versions had another distortion profile that had an effect similar to this.

Edited by dburne

Don B