[Acknowledged] Exterior Sound Improvement, someday?

chumpnut1323

Hi,

You're absolutely right. The sound of the Harrier in DCS is terrible. And should be revised. And Razbam is doing just as good a job here as they are currently doing with the M2k.

• Like 1

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

• 2 months later...

Let me just add to this post. External sounds on the Harrier are so crappy that I almost never fly it. It's a cool plane but I just get so annoyed whenever I want to enjoy it from any external viewpoint.

It's the absolute worst module in DCS when it comes to sounds.

It's nothing like the real plane and flyby sounds especially terrible. Also, when standing still on the ground there is zero difference when moving the camera around the plane. It doesn't have different sounds regardless if you are looking into the nozzles or the intake. And ANYONE who has ever seen a real plane of any type knows that they sound vastly different depending on where you see it from.

If Razbam never fixes this then I have severe doubts about ANY of their upcoming modules as well. And the fact that they've barely made any changes or fixes to this for years makes it even worse. It's not like the AV-8B is a new module anymore.

In fact, I can't believe that ED accepts such low quality sounds in a sim that they've tried to upgrade the sound quality in for years.

Just compare to EDs own planes like F/A-18 and F-16 which are sounding pretty decent. Ofcourse a game can never truly capture the sound and feeling of powerful jet engines, but the current harrier sounds like a vacuum cleaner.

They CAN do better. 

• Like 3

Yea, you actually wrote what I really wanted to write, but I'm careful of the fanboy's around here now that can't take constructive criticism well haha😅. That said, the Harrier is my first love, and I would like to see some improvement. 

Ranking of your comments (in my opinion):

1. Almost never fly it because of exterior sound. 
  2. How does ED accept such dog <profanity>?
  3. Vacuum cleaner. 
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, chumpnut1323 said:

Yea, you actually wrote what I really wanted to write, but I'm careful of the fanboy's around here now that can't take constructive criticism well haha😅. That said, the Harrier is my first love, and I would like to see some improvement. 

Ranking of your comments (in my opinion):

1. Almost never fly it because of exterior sound. 
  2. How does ED accept such dog <profanity>?
  3. Vacuum cleaner. 

Yep.

But don't worry about the fanboys. They, as well as Razbam themselves, never read the forums apparently.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2022 at 6:12 PM, yngvef said:

Yep.

But don't worry about the fanboys. They, as well as Razbam themselves, never read the forums apparently.

Mmh.

Yeah a sound rework would be nice, we are aware that the module external sounds are not great.
I'll keep you guys updated when we'll have the resources to work on it.

• Like 4

• AlphaJuliet changed the title to [Acknowledged] Exterior Sound Improvement, someday?
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...