Mirage F1 - authentic livery colors?

lengro
Go to solution Solved by jaguara5,

Regarding the liveries similar to these pictures, what color is the underside?

On some pictures it looks painted light grey while on others it looks unpainted bare aluminum/metallic.

Maybe they did both?

Mirage_F1CG_Greece.jpg

photo_9999_17227.jpg

Edited by lengro
  • Like 1

I am almost sure that the color is rigorously the same in both photos... The visual hue and value differences come from the photographies (camera setting, photographic film, etc.). The first one is more contrasted with dominant in red and blue, the second is less contrasted with an abvious green dominant.

Look at this, it appear even darker than the first one, despite the fact it is actually a French livery like the second :
3955089921_dc17e8ac89_z.jpg

026-MirageF1C-EC-1-5-00-base.jpg

This appear to have a more correct color calibration, but maybe a little too bright:
14.jpg

Edited by sedenion
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, jaguara5 said:

it's aluminum. This guy nailed it with his award winning model. Will try to post close up personal photos I have from F1cg, if you are interested. http://www.gmodelart.com/2018/01/mirage-f-1cg-135-kitty-hawk-148-by.html?m=1

It definitely looks like an aluminum underside in the second photo from your link.

If you have a personal photo showing it even better, yes it would be nice if you posted it here, thanks

It seems like Aerges used the light grey paint, so in real life I guess it might have been more like e.g. the MiG-21 as seen here:

image.jpeg

9 hours ago, sedenion said:

I am almost sure that the color is rigorously the same in both photos... The visual hue and value differences come from the photographies (camera setting, photographic film, etc.). The first one is more contrasted with dominant in red and blue, the second is less contrasted with an abvious green dominant.

Thanks - it was the underside I was interested in, and as you point out, these things can be hard to spot due to camera settings etc.

Edited by lengro

This is the only picture I could find that clearly shows an aluminum underside. Everything else, including full-frontal underside shots in-flight, look like a pale gray. The aluminum paint used must have been good at reflecting the environmental light/colors.

16%20crop%20(KMW%20700)_22.jpg?itok=29Az

• Like 1

2 hours ago, badger7966 said:

Gabon or Congo....Im not sure which.

R.jpg

These are Ex South African Air Force F1AZs. We do not have the option for the AZ from Aerges.

FC3, UH-1, P-51D, Mi-8, A-10C, F-86F, FW 190D9, KA-50, Gazelle, Mig 21, M-2000C, F-5E, Spitfire IX, A/V-8B, F/A-18C, F-14, FW 190A8, F-16C, P-47D

NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Virpil: Warbrd, Alpha-R, Mongoose CM-2 throttle, Warbrd rudder

On 8/8/2022 at 11:34 PM, agamemnon_b5 said:

Irrelevant.  A skin could still be made.  We have tones of skins for variants of in game aircraft that don’t exist in game.

I never said it couldn't be done. I was simply saying that the Mirage in question was an ex SAAF F1AZ, and that the AZ is not in the game.

v.jpg

u.jpg

• Like 1

FC3, UH-1, P-51D, Mi-8, A-10C, F-86F, FW 190D9, KA-50, Gazelle, Mig 21, M-2000C, F-5E, Spitfire IX, A/V-8B, F/A-18C, F-14, FW 190A8, F-16C, P-47D

NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Virpil: Warbrd, Alpha-R, Mongoose CM-2 throttle, Warbrd rudder

• 8 months later...