Missions?

BuzzU

I was just comparing the missions between the Hornet and Viper.

I just have the Persian Gulf map. Adding in the maps I don't have may make this better or worse. Others will have to answer that.

This is how it looks for Caucasus and Persian Gulf.

Hornet.....69 missions and 1 campaign

Viper.......6 missions and no campaign.

How is this fair?

btw.....Instant missions are pretty equal.

• Like 5

Buzz

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Agree with the mod free statement above. I have finally been trying to really learn the F-16 but all the player made campaigns require modding which I am not particularly interested in. Where's all of the DCS content wizards at for the F-16? 🤔

Edited by Gunnar81

There are several official F-16 campaigns underway right now.... Not two weeks away, but they are in production!

In the meantime, here are some of my free missions in the user files section.  Give 'em a go, I think you'll find them worthwhile: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/unit-is-f-16c/user-is-SEDLO/apply/

PS, no mods required.

Edited by Sedlo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks!

I was about to ask the same question. I already finish the included missions in the module and the other campaign requires to buy a map that is really expensive. Good to know there are several ones coming. Lets hope at lest one is on the base map (or at least something more affordable)

3 hours ago, KenaiPhoenix said:

Lets hope at lest one is on the base map

Missions for the base map have been done to death, and it's hard to imagine an F-16 on that region of the world.  For the F-16, if I were a Campaign creator, I would set it on either the Persian Gulf or Syria .. Nevada if it were a Training Campaign ..  never would I use Caucasus for it.

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On 10/12/2022 at 2:11 PM, Rudel_chw said:

Missions for the base map have been done to death, and it's hard to imagine an F-16 on that region of the world.  For the F-16, if I were a Campaign creator, I would set it on either the Persian Gulf or Syria .. Nevada if it were a Training Campaign ..  never would I use Caucasus for it.

Besides the lack of NATO bases the Caucasus is fine. Just imagine the current Ukraine situation, but switch Ukraine for Georgia. You'd have plausibility for either US involvement or the US lending F-16's to Georgia.

Although I have other issues with the Caucasus map, like size. If only Turkey were included.

• Like 1

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

On 10/14/2022 at 5:32 PM, skywalker22 said:

I was always wondering why is F-16 so underrated compared to F/A-18 in regards of missions and campaigns. Still couldn't come to the conclusion. 

Because the Hornet had a several year head start for mission builders, compounded by the Viper launching without enough functional systems and weapons to really build out a complex campaign with. In 4 years or so, the Viper should have about any many mission as the Hornet does right now.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I agree 100%. That's why I created my own Viper campaign.
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3328036

The argument that the Hornet had a head start doesn't work anymore. The Viper has been functional the last two years, still no Viper Campaign. I've lost track of how many Hornet campaigns that has been released the last two years.

Besides, DCS liberation tends to favor Hornet/Tomcat, unless you have a monster PC, because all their dynamic campaigns are either small and naval based, or huge land based, where you could use a Viper.

• Thanks 1

A-10C, AV-8B, Ka-50, F-14B, F-16C, F-5E, F/A-18C, L-39, Mi-8, MiG-21, MiG-29, SA34, Spitfire, Su-27, Su-33, UH-1H

• 1 month later...
On 8/2/2022 at 9:23 AM, BuzzU said:

I was just comparing the missions between the Hornet and Viper.

I just have the Persian Gulf map. Adding in the maps I don't have may make this better or worse. Others will have to answer that.

This is how it looks for Caucasus and Persian Gulf.

Hornet.....69 missions and 1 campaign

Viper.......6 missions and no campaign.

How is this fair?

btw.....Instant missions are pretty equal.

I fell the same way... The viper is actually a very capable and mature module, i can't understand why there are so few ppl interested in create campaigns for it, free or not...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...