AJS 37 RB-75 training mission

Jef Costello

Hello all!

I followed closely the tutorial of the RB-75 training mission and after shooting the first RB-75 the EP13 was switched off. I could not put it on again even after recycling the Master mode selector NAV > ANF. Did I do something wrong? Do I have to select another Maverick or it is automatic?Also in the manual, page 320, in the RB-75 check list it is said Master mode selector NAV, which contredict the lesson which says ANF.

Regards

Jef

1 hour ago, Jef Costello said:

Hello all!

I followed closely the tutorial of the RB-75 training mission and after shooting the first RB-75 the EP13 was switched off. I could not put it on again even after recycling the Master mode selector NAV > ANF. Did I do something wrong? Do I have to select another Maverick or it is automatic?Also in the manual, page 320, in the RB-75 check list it is said Master mode selector NAV, which contredict the lesson which says ANF.

Regards

Jef

Between each shot you need to put the safety to "safe", and back again. Doing that you should get the next Mav selected, and its video feed shown on the EP13.

Both NAV and ANF will work, just the HUD will look different. I prefer to use ANF if I have a waypoint set on the target as it's easier to find it visually due to the HUD symbology helping you.

Edited by MYSE1234
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

18 hours ago, Jef Costello said:

Thank you very much MYSE1234 for your answer! So I guess it's better to map the "trigger safety bracket Toggle"?

No worries, happy to help.

Could be, depending on your setup. I myself have it as a switch on the throttle that will keep it on as long as it's in the forward position. But it all depends on what you got available button wise. Do whatever works and feels best for You.

Edited by MYSE1234

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

6 hours ago, TLTeo said:

For those with a two stage trigger, I think the ideal is having unsafe be the first stage of the trigger, and weapon release be the second.

I have no first hand knowledge of this, but I have read in these forums that using a two stage trigger like that can cause problems. 

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

16 minutes ago, Machalot said:

I have no first hand knowledge of this, but I have read in these forums that using a two stage trigger like that can cause problems. 

Weird, I've never had anything go wrong. Do you have a link to any threads?

3 hours ago, TLTeo said:

Weird, I've never had anything go wrong. Do you have a link to any threads?

Looks like the issue may have been with a particular programmable binding using alternating safe/unsafe functions for each press of the first detent.  Other users on the same thread reported no issues with the keybind setup you described. 

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/254312-request-for-trigger-safeunsafe-toggle-keybind/?do=findComment&comment=4639131

• Like 1

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."