more damage modeling

nightlynx

So I managed to break off my left wingtip flare dispenser and the count for the left side remained at 64 but EKRAN was complaining..didn't get a chance to fiddle because I crashed shortly after the impact. Should the count remain at the last known value of flares or should it zero out? This isn't a it need's to be fixed issue just curiosity on my part.

*this is all opinion only..*

How would the UV26 (?) flare dispencer control unit know that your physical dispencer had been knocked off? .. there would need to be specific circuitry that checks the pysical flare housing, which would be a huge over complication.

the more likely design is that the flare cartridges are loaded in, and the UV26 pre configured to match the number of flares, however, beyond that no feedback would occur (of course the inbuilt warning systems would know there was damage but they only feedback to the Ekran and warning panels, not the UV26)

When you signal the UV26 to start the flare program, it will Decrement the UV26 display and also send an electronic impulse to the launcher.

There would be no feed back mechanism to test if the flare launch was succesfull or not...it is just decrementing a number stored in a computer and sending an impulse down a wire.

At least, thats what I think :)