See your pit in VR mod

sea2sky

I've received my G2 two weeks ago, and coming from CV1 I immediately noticed a lack of a nose gap. I have a physical pit with mfd's, panels/switches etc, so I began to wonder how I'm going to continue using all that. Besides that I got used to a regular kneeboard. Any ways, I decided to make a little mod - cut out the lower part of the face mask/interface to get a bigger opening. I was a bit afraid that it will mess up the immersion since the top and the lower views won't "blend" well enough, but man what a huge improvement it is. Seeing your hands/legs turning around or upside down together with a cockpit when you do loops and other moves is just amazing. It actually gives me some shivers :). Wow. The only thing now I have to take care of my wardrobe , kinda looks lame to see the shorts and slippers ). I don't think this is going to work for those who is using VR in other games, but for ppl like me who is using it for DCS exclusively - I highly recommend to try it.

g2mod.jpg

i5-9600K@4.8GHz 32Gb DDR4 Asus TUF rtx3080 OC Quest Pro Warthog on Virpil base

hace 37 minutos, sea2sky dijo:

Recibí mi G2 hace dos semanas, y viniendo de CV1 inmediatamente noté la falta de espacio en la nariz. Tengo un pozo físico con mfd, paneles/interruptores, etc., así que comencé a preguntarme cómo voy a seguir usando todo eso. Además de eso, me acostumbré a un kneeboard normal. De todos modos, decidí hacer un pequeño mod: cortar la parte inferior de la máscara/interfaz facial para obtener una abertura más grande. Tenía un poco de miedo de que arruinara la inmersión ya que las vistas superior e inferior no se "combinarían" lo suficientemente bien, pero hombre, qué gran mejora es. Ver tus manos/piernas girando o boca abajo junto con una cabina cuando haces bucles y otros movimientos es simplemente asombroso. La verdad es que me da escalofríos :). Guau. Lo único que ahora tengo que cuidar es mi guardarropa, se ve un poco cojo ver los shorts y las pantuflas). No creo que esto vaya a funcionar para aquellos que usan VR en otros juegos, pero para personas como yo que lo usan exclusivamente para DCS, recomiendo probarlo.

g2mod.jpg

also you can use the flashlight option to see through and view your desktop , I use it to touch my thrustmaster panels, try to enable voice recognition, in my case I say "linterna activada" (I am spanish) and it enables the passtrough, think the correct word in your case will be "enable flashlight or flashlight enable (or On)"

To exit the view "flashlight off". It is very useful for pit users, breaks a little the inmersion but is the price to pay for vr users. 

Another thing, remember to have your VR controllers off, if not you will see where they are pointing

null

image.jpeg

Edited by firefox121

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick

Wow ! I just had this pop up while flying the viper, never seen this before. How does this feature turn on and off ? never knew the G2 had this ... pretty cool ! but would like to know how to turn it on and off. I had to exit the mission and restart. 

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

Can’t duplicate it , how does this work ? Is it a OXR thing ? Anyone

wheres this Flashlight option located.

thanks

Edited by Burt

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

hace 26 minutos, Burt dijo:

Can’t duplicate it , how does this work ? Is it a OXR thing ? Anyone

wheres this Flashlight option located.

thanks

Well, it is more or less easy, first of all you must configure your reverb G2 to response for audio inputs, this is done in WMR config, in config options -> windows mixed ->audio and voice

Then when you are in WMR (in the home) you will be able to talk to your headset , make sure to press WIN+Y till you see in tour monitor a blue line in the top across the screen

There are a lot of commands described in WMR portal documentation speech recognition, like "turn left", "turn Right", "inicio"(in my system is spanish) 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/use-speech-in-windows-mixed-reality-af24e0a9-7e17-b542-3720-203e278e588e

"Flashlight on/off" will activate/deactivate the passtrough so you will be able to see your desktop like the photo I sent in the post

THen launch DCS and The headset will be capable to response your words.

Hope it helps to you.

All this works ingame, or while flying. Make sure not to turn on your wmr controllers or else the flashlight will point where the controllers are aiming.

Is an option of WMR portal, so is present all the  time, only you must tell the system to hear your reverb G2 microphone as in the image below

audio y voz.jpg

Edited by firefox121
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick

Oh man thank you ! That is so cool ! Appreciate your quick response because this was driving me crazy because it just popped up out of nowhere. I’ll give it a go !

Start Date April 2020 

hace 1 minuto, Burt dijo:

Oh man thank you ! That is so cool ! Appreciate your quick response because this was driving me crazy because it just popped up out of nowhere. I’ll give it a go !

If the flashlight popped out of nowhere it may be due to two things:

1 - you have the controllers enabled and press, if I remember well the win button plus other button (don't remeber wich one), I disabled the win button in the left controller via registry, there is some documentation in internet

2 - Or your are speaking or saying something via your microphone that WMR interpretate like "flashlight on" , then bum it pops out without reason

I'm just glad whatever triggered it did because I had no idea about it and it works great and will use it. Would be nice if it was alittle bit clearer but hey, no big deal. I appreciate it !

Start Date April 2020 

You could even expand the view a bit more, if you are willing to say goodbye to your warranty.

https://bergisons.simpit.info/making-of_reverb_g2_mod

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

Warranty has expired almost a year now was able to get the V2 cable before then though. That link is not working. I’m interested.

Disregard the link works it was my wifi .Thanks !

Edited by Burt

Start Date April 2020 

On 8/7/2022 at 7:51 PM, firefox121 said:

If the flashlight popped out of nowhere it may be due to two things:

1 - you have the controllers enabled and press, if I remember well the win button plus other button (don't remeber wich one), I disabled the win button in the left controller via registry, there is some documentation in internet

2 - Or your are speaking or saying something via your microphone that WMR interpretate like "flashlight on" , then bum it pops out without reason

I'm pretty sure it can also trigger a form of pass-through by saying 'torch on' / 'torch off'

Regards,
Paul "Dodge / LondonLad" 

SYSTEM SPECS: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x , 64GB 3600MHz RAM, ASUS ROG Strix X570-F Gaming, NVIDIA RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6, IIYAMA 34" Curved GB3466WQSU Monitor, VPC WarBRD-D Base, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, Thrustmaster HOTAS Throttle, VPC ACE Interceptor PedalsVKB Pedals (v4) (backup)  + TM MFD w/CUBESIM (x2), PointCTRL, HP Reverb G2 VR  Headset, Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset, & TrackIR

Group: DCAF (Now Left, but a great group to be apart of - UK Based)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/2/2022 at 11:44 PM, firefox121 said:

image.jpeg

Whaouuuuu
Just discovered this !! Will give a try asap.
Does anybody know if it's possible to "set" the diameter of the passthrough FOV ?
I suppose the answer is No because it's the FOV of the G2 cameras...

Thanks

13 hours ago, CougarFFW04 said:

Whaouuuuu
Just discovered this !! Will give a try asap.
Does anybody know if it's possible to "set" the diameter of the passthrough FOV ?
I suppose the answer is No because it's the FOV of the G2 cameras...

Thanks

I haven't found any info about the siameter, but if you find some info , please share it....Thanks.

2 hours ago, firefox121 said:

I haven't found any info about the siameter, but if you find some info , please share it....Thanks.

Thanks.

Another question : does anybody know if it's possible to switch it on/off with a keystroke rather than voice command ?

On 8/7/2022 at 11:38 AM, firefox121 said:

Well, it is more or less easy, first of all you must configure your reverb G2 to response for audio inputs, this is done in WMR config, in config options -> windows mixed ->audio and voice

Then when you are in WMR (in the home) you will be able to talk to your headset , make sure to press WIN+Y till you see in tour monitor a blue line in the top across the screen

There are a lot of commands described in WMR portal documentation speech recognition, like "turn left", "turn Right", "inicio"(in my system is spanish) 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/use-speech-in-windows-mixed-reality-af24e0a9-7e17-b542-3720-203e278e588e

"Flashlight on/off" will activate/deactivate the passtrough so you will be able to see your desktop like the photo I sent in the post

THen launch DCS and The headset will be capable to response your words.

Hope it helps to you.

All this works ingame, or while flying. Make sure not to turn on your wmr controllers or else the flashlight will point where the controllers are aiming.

Is an option of WMR portal, so is present all the  time, only you must tell the system to hear your reverb G2 microphone as in the image below

audio y voz.jpg

Just tried this and it's awesome....except I lose my mouse pointer. Am I missing something? Is there a way to get my mouse back otherwise it's pointless.

TIA!

Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming WiFi MB | i7-8700k @ 4.9 GHz | EVGA GTX 1070 Ti | 32 GB CORSAIR Vengeance 3000 MHz DDR4 Ram | Corsair H100 Pro Cooler | RaidMax TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD |TM Warthog Hotas w/ F/A-18 Hornet grip | Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | Oculus Rift S

DCS | AV8B | F18C | F-16C | A10C | Mig 29 | F15 | SA-342 | Huey | Persian Gulf | NTTR | Combined Arms

13 hours ago, Victor3 said:

Just tried this and it's awesome....except I lose my mouse pointer. Am I missing something? Is there a way to get my mouse back otherwise it's pointless.

TIA!

In fact , I only used the passtrough to reach my cougar mfds, don't know if cursor still remains behind the view at the dcs windows, sorry will go deeep and see, as far as I know it is only a passtrough not any kind of mixed reality.

Edited by firefox121

5 hours ago, firefox121 said:

In fact , I only used the passtrough to reach my cougar mfds, don't know if cursor still remains behind the view at the dcs windows, sorry will go deeep and see, as far as I know it is only a passtrough not any kind of mixed reality.

I'm pretty much trying to do the same, just peek at my MFD's & UFC when I reach for them, but when I hit win+Y my mouse disappears. So the procedure becomes: Press win+Y, Say Flashlight on, look at my panel and touch buttons, Flashlight Off, Press Win+Y, now I can use my mouse again. That's just not very convenient. I'm thinking I need to change a setting somewhere to keep my mouse active while in VR mode. Thanks for checking.

Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming WiFi MB | i7-8700k @ 4.9 GHz | EVGA GTX 1070 Ti | 32 GB CORSAIR Vengeance 3000 MHz DDR4 Ram | Corsair H100 Pro Cooler | RaidMax TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD |TM Warthog Hotas w/ F/A-18 Hornet grip | Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | Oculus Rift S

DCS | AV8B | F18C | F-16C | A10C | Mig 29 | F15 | SA-342 | Huey | Persian Gulf | NTTR | Combined Arms

5 hours ago, Victor3 said:

I'm pretty much trying to do the same, just peek at my MFD's & UFC when I reach for them, but when I hit win+Y my mouse disappears. So the procedure becomes: Press win+Y, Say Flashlight on, look at my panel and touch buttons, Flashlight Off, Press Win+Y, now I can use my mouse again. That's just not very convenient. I'm thinking I need to change a setting somewhere to keep my mouse active while in VR mode. Thanks for checking.

Have you tryed to first of all, before launching DCS activate win+y and the launch dcs? maybe will work

6 hours ago, Victor3 said:

Samedi here

2 hours ago, firefox121 said:

Have you tryed to first of all, before launching DCS activate win+y and the launch dcs? maybe will work

No, I haven't tried it that way. I will give it a shot.

On 1/20/2024 at 5:23 PM, firefox121 said:

Ok, so this did it. As long as I activate win+Y before DCS launches it works. Thanks for your help!

• Like 1