Stuck in ACM

Rongor

can anybody comment if he ever experienced this?

I just had this and there was no way to exit ACM. NWS didn't help, selecting different weapons didn't help, DDI inputs where ignored.
I think it started while switching to AIM-9 while already in ACM mode. At first the selection of AIM-9 quit any radar/ACM symbology on the HUD. When I then tried to cure it by switching around ACM and also NWS back to RWS/TWS, I noticed I am stuck in ACM on the DDI and no ACM/radar symbology on the HUD...

I have a track file but its very long and while I tried to review it, but the necessary fast forwarding obviously desynched the track with what really happened (air2air refueled flying 200 ft above the tanker, then later fell into the sea, which never happened...)

Edited by Rongor

• ED Team

Not experienced this myself, if this can be reproduced in a short track replay please do attach it.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Unfortunately DCS has no capability to create short track files. Things happen suddenly during flights.

I understand that the current replay system makes reviewing tracks a chore but to avoid enduring this I am afraid ED needs to improve the track system.

• ED Team
Just now, Rongor said:

Unfortunately DCS has no capability to create short track files. Things happen suddenly during flights.

I understand that the current replay system makes reviewing tracks a chore but to avoid enduring this I am afraid ED needs to improve the track system.

The replay system is old and has out lived its use as a simple debug replay tool, we are well aware of this and plan for a better system in the future, I dont have any ETA for that however it is a huge task and we do not have the time and resources for it currently. 

For now we have to reproduce in new short tracks if possible. 

thanks

• Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2