Launching the RB04E anti-ship missile

Snuten

Hi, Im probably doing something wrong. But I do remember that before (a long time ago since I flew Viggen) when I launched the RB04 against a ship and after that got shot down, the misslies was continuing to its target. But now, when I instantly hit F6 to at least look at the misslies after I got shot down, the misslies is just going vertical then blow up?

They should be Fire and Forget right? Or am I doing something wrong? I have put out a waypoint and a target, but as I recall it, it should not be a must with the RB04. 

Or is it a bug? 🙂

Thanks

2 hours ago, Snuten said:

Never mind, I forgot to turn on the radar. Now it's working! Been a while since flying the Viggen 😄

Umm, did that actually make a difference?!

It's a known limitation that the player needs to be alive (by "design"), or the missiles (RB04 and RB15) will explode/ go stupid

Edited by MYSE1234
  • Like 1

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

Hmm, this time I never got shot down, but I flew the training mission and realised I forgot the radar and thought that was the cause. 🙂  So I guess it is as you say, since it is coded like it. 

Is this true for all missiles and bombs as well?

Thanks

26 minutes ago, Snuten said:

Is this true for all missiles and bombs as well?

No, they are not limited in this way. Only the two anti-ship missiles (RB15/04) require the player to be alive.

Edited by MYSE1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3 hours ago, MYSE1234 said:

No, they are not limited in this way. Only the two anti-ship missiles (RB15/04) require the player to be alive.

Isn’t that a bug? I feel like if they are of the rails they should still not despawn if you die

10 minutes ago, isglas said:

Isn’t that a bug? I feel like if they are of the rails they should still not despawn if you die

Depends on one's definition of "bug".
The current behaviour is obviously not realistic, but a necessity due to DCS limitations.  So it's working as intended, but it's not accurate to RL due to the way DCS works/ doesn't work.

• Thanks 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

16 hours ago, MYSE1234 said:

Depends on one's definition of "bug".
The current behaviour is obviously not realistic, but a necessity due to DCS limitations.  So it's working as intended, but it's not accurate to RL due to the way DCS works/ doesn't work.

I thought it was that way because of former DCS limtations, but now the game would support the more realistic "missile survives after player dies" once HB puts in the effort to implement it.  Did you read differently?

• Like 2

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."