AGM-65L unable to uncage after first launch

Kappa

Yesterday I was trying LMAVS and after shooting the first missle i wasn't able to uncage the second one anymore...

I had to deselect LMAVS, wait for gyro alignment (you owe me 90 second of my life 😆 ) and then i was been able to uncage the second missle....

Is this a known issue?

Edited by Kappa

--

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

36° Stormo Virtuale - Italian Virtual Flight Community

www.36stormovirtuale.net

• 3 months later...

This issue still persists in 2.8 latest beta. 

On 8/4/2022 at 8:19 AM, Kappa said:

Yesterday I was trying LMAVS and after shooting the first missle i wasn't able to uncage the second one anymore...

I had to deselect LMAVS, wait for gyro alignment (you owe me 90 second of my life 😆 ) and then i was been able to uncage the second missle....

Is this a known issue?

It's not only after first launch. If for some reason you uncage the Maverick but you don't fire and have to cage it again, then it is impossible to uncage any of them. Not even selecting and realigning. The "cage cross" is stuck wherever you caged it and you need to fully rearm to unlock the missiles again.

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, gcze said:

This problem  still exist, after launch first LMAV2, can't uncage second

Can't reproduce, devs likely need a short track file to trace your issue, AFAIK the 90 second ? gyro spin up when first selecting the Laser Maverick(s) is intended but shouldn't effect your 2nd shot unless you deselect/change the selected weapon type.

3 hours ago, gcze said:

or the LMAV2 stucking on random place in search pattern.

IIRC problems with the search pattern are known (it should search in the area of the target designation but the placement of the scanning "X" on the HUD/weapon page seem somewhat random i.e. can be higher or lower in the HUD field of view).

Tested in DCS Open Beta 2.8.2.35759, using an AV-8B air spawn and Caucasus map

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 4 weeks later...

I had this the other day. I think what is happening is after the first LMAV fires the second is selected and is uncaged, then as the jet pulls off target it is overgee-ing the gyro (if that's implemented?). I think the correct procedure would be for the next LMAV to be caged, and require pilot uncaging. 

To overcome this I had to de-select and re-select the LMAVs to get them to re-calibrate/spin up their gyros. 

Thoughts?