SU-27/SU-33 Flight Control Question

walt262

I’m not at home and, so, can’t look specifically. But I think it’s on the left panel. There should be a button marked “ВЫПУСК ТП” which is the release button. There should be another button there as well marked “СБРОС ТП” which is the reset button.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

2 hours ago, Ironhand said:

I’m not at home and, so, can’t look specifically. But I think it’s on the left panel. There should be a button marked “ВЫПУСК ТП” which is the release button. There should be another button there as well marked “СБРОС ТП” which is the reset button.

If you could get me a screen shot I'd greatly appreciate it. Also, can you include the electrical power switch or button. Thanks!!!!!!!!

Edited by walt262

The drogue chute release button is hard to spot because it’s low in the front left corner. It’s the red button to the left inside the red circle:

Drogue Chute Release-Reset.jpg

There isn’t a single switch. I haven’t spent much time in this part of the manual because, this being an FC3 aircraft, knowing where this stuff is didn’t make much difference. However, in the following image (rear right panel), the battery, converter, and generator blue tipped switches run left to right respectively inside the red enclosure.

Battery-Converter-Generator.jpg

Some blue tipped system power switches are located toward the rear of the left panel:

Systems Power.jpg

• Like 3

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

The special After Burner for the SU-33, is that a button or switch? In the Control setup page, is the SU-33 Tail Hook & Fuel Probe controls a single control button, down/up & out/in or two separate control buttons? I've not downloaded it yet.

37 minutes ago, Ironhand said:

The drogue chute release button is hard to spot because it’s low in the front left corner. It’s the red button to the left inside the red circle:

There isn’t a single switch. I haven’t spent much time in this part of the manual because, this being an FC3 aircraft, knowing where this stuff is didn’t make much difference. However, in the following image (rear right panel), the battery, converter, and generator blue tipped switches run left to right respectively inside the red enclosure.

Some blue tipped system power switches are located toward the rear of the left panel:

Hardly every fly the Su-33 these days. IIRC, the tail hook and fuel probe commands are a toggle. The command sets it to its opposite state. If it’s retracted, it’s deployed. If deployed, retracted.

Not sure where the special afterburner button/switch is or if there even is one. It could just be a set of pins on the throttle that you push past in the real world. No idea and no manual to help figure it out easily.

Edited by Ironhand

_____

1 hour ago, Ironhand said:

Just wanted to say, that was some quality answering. :drinks_cheers:

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

29 minutes ago, walt262 said:

Would you happen to know how to setup the LED's on VIRPIL Control Panel #2? I've asked in another form but no answers. Trying to get the LED's to turn on and off while using flaps, air break, and gear.

Sorry. That’s totally out of my league.

_____

On 8/5/2022 at 9:26 PM, walt262 said:

The special After Burner for the SU-33, is that a button or switch? In the Control setup page, is the SU-33 Tail Hook & Fuel Probe controls a single control button, down/up & out/in or two separate control buttons? I've not downloaded it yet.

Hey there

Late answer but about the special afterburner, you have to engage the normal afterburner then the spécial one by pressing the corresponding keybind. There is a light on the lower central panel in front of your joystick that will illuminate.

To disengage the special afterburner just throttle back until afterburner is disengaged and you're good to go!

One quick question as I haven't got DCS up and running on my computer as of yet. But in regards to the taxi/landing lights, do they turn on automatically when the gear is down or coming down or do you have to turn them on automatically for the SU-27 & SU-33?

1 minute ago, walt262 said:

One quick question as I haven't got DCS up and running on my computer as of yet. But in regards to the taxi/landing lights, do they turn on automatically when the gear is down or coming down or do you have to turn them on automatically for the SU-27 & SU-33?

Their default position is off. You need to turn them on. Whatever they are set to, when you raise the landing gear, that is what they will be set to the next time you lower them. At least that’s how I remember it always working in the past.

_____

2 minutes ago, walt262 said:

The FOD Intake Grilles, are they automatically engaged and raised when you take off or do you have to engage and retract them manually?    

You need need to press a button then they are automatic, otherwise they will stay down (open).

Edited by razo+r

• 2 weeks later...
  • walt262 changed the title to SU-27/SU-33 Flight Control Question

Is the usual russian double action trigger system

In ПОДВ position is used to fire suspended weapons like rockets, bombs or missiles. (подвесок - suspended)

In ОГОНЬ position is used to fire the on board gun. (Огонь - literally shoot)

L/R Cutoff engine buttons are on the right side panel at the right end. The two red buttons labeled CTOП

image.png

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

1 hour ago, Esac_mirmidon said:

Is the usual russian double action trigger system

In ПОДВ position is used to fire suspended weapons like rockets, bombs or missiles. (подвесок - suspended)

In ОГОНЬ position is used to fire the on board gun. (Огонь - literally shoot)

L/R Cutoff engine buttons are on the right side panel at the right end. The two red buttons labeled CTOП

image.png

So when trying to set up my VIRPIL T50-CM2 grip in DCS I'm wondering which trigger to assign for weapons fire and what to bind the other to to get as close to the SU-27/SU-33.

IIRC, the the former acts like a parking brake and locks the breaks in the “on” position. The latter simply applies the brakes when used.

_____