ACM modes?

Alaskan

"USAF Phantoms by Anthony M Thornborough".

Do you recommend this book? Is it a good source of information?

Digital Storm Lynx: i9-10850k (5.2 GHz): 64GB RAM (3200 MHz): 2TB SSD M.2 Samsung 970 EVO: 2TB Samsung HD: GEFORCE 2080 TI: Thrust Master WartHog (modified): TM F-18C joystick: Saitek Rudder Pedals: HP Reverb PRO: Volair Sim Cockpit: Current Stable Version of DCS :thumbup:

IRL Retired Maintainer of the AT-38B: F-4E/G: F-15A/B/C/D: and McDonnell Douglas/Boeing Technical Advisor for the F-15C/D. I drive trains now. :yawn:

On 8/6/2022 at 1:22 AM, Alaskan said:

Did the F4E have ACM modes controlled by the pilot for the radar? 

Yes there is boresight and Computer automatic acquisition (similar to vertical scan): radar sweeps in the vertical between -21 degrees to +57 degrees, but can only lockon between 45 degrees and -9 degrees in pitch due to computer limitations. The width of the scan depends on the version but it's either 7.5 degrees or 5 degrees including beam width, numbers are off the top of my head so take it with a grain of salt. The range is dynamically reduced as the antenna dips below the horizon to reduce main lobe clutter returns. 

Later versions of CAA also let you offset the scan pattern by 15 degrees left, right or centre.

• Like 10