RB-15F Swerving before hitting target

I was wondering if anyone had some more info on how the RB-15F swerves to the side before it impacts a target. No matter what I do I cannot seem to reliably get one to left and one to go right. Sometimes they do go separate ways and come onto target from different sides, making the enemy defenses focus one so the other hits. But other times they both swerve left or both swerve right and the line themselves up nicely for the enemy guns to shoot them both down.

I have tried in pre-planned via F10 marks, pre-planned via the radar with manual fixes, and also just the NAV mode straight shot to no avail.

This "swerve" is actually the maneuver that increases the probability of achieving the target by decreasing the flight track predictability in the final flight stage.

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

4 hours ago, Amarok_73 said:

This "swerve" is actually the maneuver that increases the probability of achieving the target by decreasing the flight track predictability in the final flight stage.

Yeah I figured it was a dodging technique, I was more curious about controlling it. I can't seem to reliably make them both go opposite ways which would increase the chance of a hit instead of them both going the same way.

This specific maneuver is done always the same way and there's no possibility to control this behavior. Obvious solution in this situation is to switch weapon release mode from "SERIE" to "IMP", then put the second Bx7 slightly in offset to the first one, so the "fifteens" goes to the target from two different directions.

Natural Born Kamikaze

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

19 hours ago, Amarok_73 said:

This specific maneuver is done always the same way and there's no possibility to control this behavior. Obvious solution in this situation is to switch weapon release mode from "SERIE" to "IMP", then put the second Bx7 slightly in offset to the first one, so the "fifteens" goes to the target from two different directions.

I've been giving that a go and it's kinda hit or miss, depending on the range to target and the distance you move the BX7 point the missiles can end up reaching the target too far apart so the enemy gunners just shoot them down one by one. I might have to keep messing around with it to find the exact amount of BX7 movement that results in them both reaching the target at the same time.

8 hours ago, Machalot said:

I confirmed with the HB test team it is random. 

I figured it must be because I'd tried everything I could to make it consistent lol.

I put the Bx7 on the periphery of the Bx8 point circle and if Bx8 is centered on the target(s), at least one of the missiles achieve the target.

Natural Born Kamikaze