[NO BUG] 11G although Exceed Elastic Limit not pressed

D4n

See the 11G pulls near end of trackfile. I didn't press Exceed Elastic Limit during that time. Maybe related to the black-out before?

11GnoExceed Elastic Limit.trk

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

14 hours ago, D4n said:

See the 11G pulls near end of trackfile. I didn't press Exceed Elastic Limit during that time. Maybe related to the black-out before?

Hey D4n, it sounded like the elastic limit was exceeded -- in the track you can hear the warning tone.

Might be worth double checking the special options for the mirage in settings: Check that the "Elastic limit bind" is set to "Scale (unpressed bind scales axis)" and that your "Elastic limit axis position" is set to 80. And then ensure you're not pressing your "Autopilot Disconnect/Exceed Elastic Limit" button bind (in the HOTAS section) unless you want to exceed 9 Gs when you pull.

I suspect that you might have the bind set to "Disabled (Full axis always active)".

Edited by kablamoman

It's set to scale. And I believe as soon as I blacked out it kept inputting the exceed limit into the flight-model although I had released the key as soon as I blacked out. But Galinette wrote in Discord "g limiter is being readjusted with the fm and FBW. It’s likely already solved internally."

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

6 hours ago, D4n said:

And I believe as soon as I blacked out it kept inputting the exceed limit into the flight-model although I had released the key as soon as I blacked out.

Oh, I did not catch that.

DCS has got a thing where inputs seem to freeze when you black out (eg. if you black out with your trigger pressed, it will keep firing). That's probably what happened -- the game thought you were still depressing the AP disconnect/Exceed elastic limit bind. It's kind of silly, but yeah, I think that's a DCS thing.

• myHelljumper changed the title to [NO BUG] 11G although Exceed Elastic Limit not pressed
36 minutes ago, myHelljumper said:

Pulling 11G is possible without pressing a button if the special option "Elastic limit bind" is set to "Disabled".

Why are you mentioning this here?

1 hour ago, D4n said:

Why are you mentioning this here?

Because that's why you were able to pull 11G without pressing the elastic limit button.

Thanks

Edit: Sorry I didn't see that you wrote that your option was set to scale. As said above let's wait for the next FM/CDVE update and revisit this issue then.

Moving this back to bug reports.

Edited by myHelljumper
  • Thanks 1

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA