[FIXED] Targeting Pod TV Mode

Kiwispirits

Is the targeting pod working as expected in CCD mode please? It seems to lack contrast regardless of level controls, which makes it hard to pick out objects in crowded areas such as trees/towns.  Contrast is low compared to the ATFLIR pod on the FA 18, although I appreciate that is a different pod on a different MFD type. 
The JF 17 IR mode has much higher contrast but of course has disadvantages for cold objects.

Edited by uboats

• 1 month later...
  • uboats changed the title to [CHK] Targeting Pod TV Mode
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/30/2022 at 9:00 PM, Kiwispirits said:

Does not look like any change to CCD mode happened in October, so still on track for November?

sorry that there's not enough time between Oct update and deadline for Nov update.

will check later

at this moment, i think you can manually adjust the level and contrast in CCD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

The CCD Tpod lack of contrast has been reported for three months.
Problems with the LD10 being ineffective have been reported for six months.

Other third party developers have fixed their missile issues in weeks, not months, even if they have to upload hotfixes after changes are made by ED.

Why are these taking so long to fix please?

2022/11/9 AM7点35分,Kiwispirits说:

The CCD Tpod lack of contrast has been reported for three months.
Problems with the LD10 being ineffective have been reported for six months.

Other third party developers have fixed their missile issues in weeks, not months, even if they have to upload hotfixes after changes are made by ED.

Why are these taking so long to fix please?

2022/11/9 AM5点58分,Kiwispirits说:

The level and contrast controls do not remedy the problem in CCD as there is almost no contrast between light and dark areas on the display regardless of level and contrast button settings.

I have compared the TV effects of WMD7 in different time periods. I don't think there is a completely suitable "default parameter" at present. Even on F-18, TV lacks contrast in some time periods. This still requires the pilot to manually adjust the G value and Level value as required.

The following is the TV effect of WMD7 with the same parameter at the same position under different sun angles. (10°/45°/70°)It can be seen that some times are better than others.

In fact, in a more detailed test, if there are large white clouds in the lens, it will also seriously interfere with the imaging effect, which is similar to the HDR effect in IR, Especially, the change is very obvious when switching the wide and narrow field of view.

Another problem with WMD7 is that the brightness and contrast buttons on the screen are invalid. For the time being, the same effect can only be achieved by adjusting the G value and the Level value in the WMD7 interface. I'm not sure whether this is in conflict with the reality or the reality of WMD7. At least if you can't see the object clearly, you can try to use these two buttons to adjust, but you must be careful not to use the brightness button of the screen itself to adjust. This is contrary to the operation logic of F18 (18 is not adjusted inside the screen under TV, only outside the screen). This requires DIS to study or confirm how they ultimately work.

At present, parameters suitable for one time period or field of view cannot be suitable for another time period or different field of view. What do you think?

Screen_221110_173010.png

Screen_221110_172830.png

Screen_221110_173106.png

Edited by JG54_NF2

On 11/12/2022 at 11:15 AM, uboats said:

just to confirm, you want to adjust CCD level/gain using MFCD brt/cont button?

I would like a reasonable level of contrast within the CCD TPOD display please.
The MFCD buttons currently do not do this.
I do not mind which controls are used to do this.

5 hours ago, Kiwispirits said:

I would like a reasonable level of contrast within the CCD TPOD display please.
The MFCD buttons currently do not do this.
I do not mind which controls are used to do this.

you can use L2/L3, L4/L5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

On 11/14/2022 at 7:07 PM, uboats said:

you can use L2/L3, L4/L5

You misunderstand me. I know you can press on L2/L3 and L4/5 and they are meant to alter light levels and gain. However there is no combination of these buttons that will give a clear CCD picture with good contrast. The picture is always bad, and has been that way for months.

On 11/15/2022 at 8:23 PM, Kiwispirits said:

no combination of these buttons

yea, in TV mode there's only about 3 levels to switch between where you can see anything, and 1 is too dark, 2 is normal, 3 is too bright. thats it. there's not a lot of control. 

The changes to the TPod CCD mode made by Deka in patch 2.8.0.32937 have made big improvements. 
The L2/L3 and L4/L5 buttons have much better control over gain and levels.
The focus control is now working automatically.
The CCD picture has better clarity and contrast.

Happy with this, thanks.

There is a new bug with the TPod zoom, but I will start a separate thread for that.

• Like 1

• uboats changed the title to [FIXED] Targeting Pod TV Mode