Closing Cockpit Door

Sorry if the answer to my question is right in front of my nose without me noticing it.

I've been using C - RCtrl to close cockpit door. Now I want to use the appropriate cockpit switch/lever/button to do this but I cannot find it anywhere in the manual. I tried following the startup tutorial track also but I didn't notice any buttons/switches/levers being toggled to close the door......it seemed to close the door when Rotor Brakes are disengaged but it's not working for me..

Help appreciated.

Thanks.

Edited by <((((><

ive noticed sometimes inside the cockpit its really load like the door is still open but its not and if i hit f2 and then f1 again its quiet again. It happens every once in a while and just switching views and back to in cockpit view fixes it.

Dell XPS 630i w/ Dell nForce 650i Sli ,Intel Q9650 @3.0 ,6.0 GB Ram @800Mhz, 2xGeforce 9800 GT 512 MB ,Saitek X52, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals ,Dell 24" 1080P HD monitor, Klipsch THX Pro Media 2.1 ,TrackIR 4, Logitech MX518

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just let the door close on its own at 150 kph. This also helps with the irritating whine that Vista seems to add to the sound.

Smokin' Hole

That's hilarious. I just tried this and the door indeed did close when I picked up airspeed. The level of detail of the physics is modeling in this simulator is unreal!

ya i found that to be a little odd i understand some of the others but it seem like this wouldnt have been to hard. But im still happy with what i got.

Dell XPS 630i w/ Dell nForce 650i Sli ,Intel Q9650 @3.0 ,6.0 GB Ram @800Mhz, 2xGeforce 9800 GT 512 MB ,Saitek X52, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals ,Dell 24" 1080P HD monitor, Klipsch THX Pro Media 2.1 ,TrackIR 4, Logitech MX518

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If no-one minds me asking... what sound cards are you gents using?

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

That's hilarious. I just tried this and the door indeed did close when I picked up airspeed. The level of detail of the physics is modeling in this simulator is unreal!

It´s not physically modelled, it´s a simple scripted event.

"If airspeed larger X animate closing door."

Otherwise you could get it too dangle on lower speeds doing a steep left bank and do other funny things with it.

That would be physics modelling.

"For aviators like us, the sky is not the limit - it's our home!"

You have to have at least the Intercom or one other radio on in order to hear audio messages or warnings. Some of them, like e.g. Nadia fire warnings also need the engines fully running and the generators on, they will not sound on ground power alone.

"For aviators like us, the sky is not the limit - it's our home!"

I just let the door close on its own at 150 kph. This also helps with the irritating whine that Vista seems to add to the sound.

only thing is that the door just closes slowly. that's not physics,

'cause it should slam and break at 150 km/h. i think the developers

did not modeled that after the wind, but to help and force the pilot

to close it.

If no-one minds me asking... what sound cards are you gents using?

vista 32, sound blaster x-fi gamer.

there are glitches and the fact that the door is closed doesn't

reflect in the sound sometimes (i have to press f2/f1 do get

to normal again).

no eax effects, sound engine is very basic atm,in the new game engine we may very well see a much improved audio .

i hope that'll happen soon!

:smilewink:

no eax effects, sound engine is very basic atm,in the new game engine we may very well see a much improved audio .

Do I need to disable something on my card then?

I am using an Creative Audidgy in Vista 64 Ultimate and I get (on occasion) sounds phasing in and out and occasionally louder than they should be. The trick of switching to and back from another view sometimes fixes sometimes makes it worse or does nothing at all. Often closing the game down and restarting it is the only way to "cure" the problem.

Another odd thing is sometimes the game doesn't seem to realise I have closed the door and I have to re-open it and close it for it to muffle the sound.

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You have to have at least the Intercom or one other radio on in order to hear audio messages or warnings. Some of them, like e.g. Nadia fire warnings also need the engines fully running and the generators on, they will not sound on ground power alone.

You can hear EKRAN messages with bat / ground power only. But you have to switch on EKRAN, then simply try the voice test button on the rear panel.

BTW You won't here EKRAN warning if engines are running and the door is open.