Making a mark on F10 map from cockpit

skypickle

On 8/7/2022 at 11:09 AM, skypickle said:

Is there any way to drop a mark point on the F10 map from the cockpit using a hotkey ? I dont want to flip to F10 to draw a circle while in combat or CSAR.

to my knowledge, no. maybe something to post in wish list. my best suggestion is to print out the map and use it to show where the points are. this is old school way. dropping a markpoint in cockpit via normal means will be the real choice. also keeps your eyes on the action.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

9 hours ago, Agrrregat said:

"Kneeboard current position mark point" - check it, it will create a point on a map in kneeboards pages.

Solution is not perfect but it works, I've found it recently after 7 years xD

what is this sorcery?! lol. i had no idea...

• Like 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

On 8/10/2022 at 8:30 AM, Agrrregat said:

"Kneeboard current position mark point" - check it, it will create a point on a map in kneeboards pages.

Solution is not perfect but it works, I've found it recently after 7 years xD

Correct! very usefull when flying the F5, Mig 21, etc, You just have to pin the page with the fly plan to have quick access.

M2000 | Mig-21 | Mig-15 | F-14 | UH-1H HUEY | A-10C II | MB-339A | A-4E-C | F-18 | F-86 | KA-50 | F-16 |AH-64D| NTTR | PG |

AMD RYZEN 5 2400G 3.9GHz + RX 580 8GB OC + 32Gb + 1TB SSD

For quick access you can just open the kneeboard, select the page it marks ([ and ]) and then there's also a kneeboard "quick glance" button that makes the kneeboard appear only while that button is pressed.  IMO much better than the F10 map features in most cases where you're attempting any realism...  but less good when you're attempting to communicate in MP :).

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

• 3 weeks later...