M05 Wrong BRAA

Go to solution Solved by Roosterfeet,

I have a problem with the IL-76 intercept. 

The first time I played the mission, Knight continually gives me a BRAA to the southeast, a distance of 130 to 88 Nm with a track also to the southeast. When I got to the southeast edge of the map, Knight's directions didn't change much. Checking my flight on Tacview, I realized that I was chasing a ghost.

I restarted the mission a second time and went straight for the Il-76 even though Knight still gave me the wrong intercept vector. When I arrived on the Il-76, no communication was possible. I was unable to continue the mission.

Is this a new bug?

5 hours ago, Chacal_IX said:

I have a problem with the IL-76 intercept. 

The first time I played the mission, Knight continually gives me a BRAA to the southeast, a distance of 130 to 88 Nm with a track also to the southeast. When I got to the southeast edge of the map, Knight's directions didn't change much. Checking my flight on Tacview, I realized that I was chasing a ghost.

I restarted the mission a second time and went straight for the Il-76 even though Knight still gave me the wrong intercept vector. When I arrived on the Il-76, no communication was possible. I was unable to continue the mission.

Is this a new bug?

If I remember correctly, Knight is giving you Bullseye calls. So that's going to be bearing and range from bullseye not your aircraft. Check out page 338 in the manual and/or this video if you don't know how to use the Hornet's Air to Air Waypoint feature. Also be aware that in the campaign your bullseye is referred to as "Rock." For most mission you're given a waypoint for Rock, just select it in the HSI Data Page and turn on A/A WP.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 3600, Radeon RX 5600 XT

15 hours ago, Chacal_IX said:

Thanks for your answer but I don't think that's it. The position of the Il-76 doesn't correspond to the indications neither from the Bullseye, neither from our own position.

Im an 100% sure the calls are correct, they all are for bullseye (perhaps apart from the first one which is a BRAA, but that is indicated in the transmission then). Suspect user error here (which is easy to make, boy how many did I make when testing my own missions!)

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

17 hours ago, Roosterfeet said:

Are you following Knights vectors to the first aircraft and identify it as a commercial flight before he vectors you to the IL-76?

I understand better now what I was missing. I thought that indeed the BRAA was from my position and I was so focused on the Il-76 that I didn't even pay attention to the Yak-40 that I passed. I will try again the mission but I think the solution is there.
Thank you very much for your help.

3 hours ago, baltic_dragon said:

Im an 100% sure the calls are correct, they all are for bullseye (perhaps apart from the first one which is a BRAA, but that is indicated in the transmission then). Suspect user error here (which is easy to make, boy how many did I make when testing my own missions!)

Yes sorry for the confusion, I didn't quite see that the BRAA came from the Rock point.

• Like 2

@Roosterfeet

Great, the mission went smoothly. It gets better when I follow the right instructions. :grin:

@baltic_dragon

No, I didn't learn anything new in this mission, it was an inattention. But it's true that your campaigns are not for beginners and require to know the plane perfectly and moreover they are so immersive. That's why I buy them with my eyes closed. Thank you for all the joy your work brings me. 

Wow, this campaign really puts my ego in check.  Just curious, if I hear the Bogey Dope as Rock 220, 88, 24,500 track SouthEast again and again and again for 10 minutes, does that mean the Group (mission editor) is frozen in DCS?  

I had the same problem, it took me too long to figure out how to follow the call from the Bullseye (Rock).  I broke the mission.

Edited by Iceman555

VR rig - stinkin' cool!