J10-A Community Mod v.1.0.0

image.jpeg

Screen_220806_110905.jpgScreen_220807_112406.jpgScreen_220807_112521.jpgScreen_220807_112148.jpgDownload : https://github.com/whisky-actual/Community-J-10-A

Discord link : https://discord.gg/WhnCeenaPe

Download Paint kit : J-10A_Paintkit_v1.0.zip (you will need the Microsoft YaHei Font)

With the permission of original author, @happy cavin, we took his FC3 J-10 mod and adapted it for wonderful JF-17 made by Deka Ironwork Simulations using it's cockpit and avionics. We also added several custom weapons from the PLAA, custom cockpit textures and other interesting features.. We are taking the "early access" route with this mod and sharing it as-is. Work will continue and your help will be appreciated if you have any modding experience.

Contributing Developers

Cactus, Snowy Wolf, Yatsie, Whisky Actual

Special Thanks

Currenthill, Cdp Kobra, Freebird and the SU30 Team, Fatpsacepanda and JacobBadshot

Features

• New exterior textures
  • Updated animations
    • Canards (in-flight)
    • Leading edges
    • Flaps
  • New cockpit textures to match the J10A
  • New Hud graphics to match what is seen in public videos
  • New night lights mode for NVG based public pictures
  • WIP mandarin cockpit (see options menu)
  • FM modification using a special pod to have a different feel from the base JF-17 
  • AAR refueling
  • Authentic weapons loadouts with past, current and future weapons of the People's Liberation Army Air Force
    • PL-8A
    • PL-8B
    • PL-10
    • PL-11
    • PL-12
    • PL-15
    • YJ-83K
    • 250-3
    • YJ-91
    • JG500
    • JG500B

Known Bugs

Find the full list of bugs and enhancements at https://github.com/whisky-actual/Community-J-10-A/issues

Installation

The preferred method will be to use OVGME or any other mod management software.  

1) Download the mod and extract it to your desktop.

2) Make backups of your CoreMods AND Mods folders in your main DCS install.

3) Drop the content of the CoreMods AND Mods  in your main DCS install; override the files.

4) To remove the mod you will need to delete the CoreMods and Mods folders and replace them with your backups. 

Frequently Asked Questions

• Q: Do you need JF-17 to use the module?
    • Yes.
  • Q: Do we plan to make it a standalone?
    • No.
  • Q: Do we plan to have a B model or C models?
    • Yes, possibly in the future.
  • Q: Will the J10A mod pass IC?
    • No.

Edited by whisky.actual
Added link to Discord
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 7

Hi,

Since the JF-17 only has one type of FOX2 and one type of FOX3 we needed to be creative. We added a config file under (\DCS World\CoreMods\aircraft\ChinaAssetPack\config.lua) open it and replace the underline code with the one from the list above. For example if you want to have a PL-15 for your FOX3 you will need to have:

missile['BVRAAM']     = '15'

image.png

We are working on making a menu option in the "special" section but is not currently functional

unknown.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LCO489 said:

Hi guys, nice job. Would it be possible to make a version of it to be used as a AI mod only for those who don't have the Jeff?

That’s a good idea, though Deka plans on doing that at some point

On 8/7/2022 at 8:51 AM, whisky.actual said:

J10-A Community Mod v.1.0.0

image.jpeg

Screen_220806_110905.jpgScreen_220807_112406.jpgScreen_220807_112521.jpgScreen_220807_112148.jpgDownload : https://github.com/whisky-actual/Community-J-10-A

Hi all, here is a nice side project that we have been working on. Ever since we saw this FC3 MOD pop up on YouTube we wanted to take it to the next level. With the permission of original author, @happy cavin, we took his work and adapted it for wonderful JF-17 made by Deka Ironwork Simulations. We are taking the "early access" route with this mod and sharing it as-is. Work will continue and your help will be appreciated if you have any modding experience. 

Contributing Developers

Snowy Wolf, Yatsie, Whisky Actual

Special Thanks

Currenthill, Cdp Kobra, Freebird and the SU30 Team, Fatpsacepanda and JacobBadshot

Features

• New exterior textures
  • Updated animations
    • Canards (in-flight)
    • Leading edges
    • Flaps
  • New cockpit textures to match the J10A
  • New Hud graphics to match what is seen in public videos
  • New night lights mode for NVG based public pictures
  • WIP mandarin cockpit (see options menu)
  • FM modification using a special pod to have a different feel from the base JF-17 
  • AAR refueling
  • Authentic weapons loadouts with past, current and future weapons of the People's Liberation Army Air Force
    • PL-8A
    • PL-8B
    • PL-10
    • PL-11
    • PL-12
    • PL-15
    • YJ-83K
    • 250-3
    • YJ-91
    • JG500
    • JG500B

Known Bugs

Find the full list of bugs and enhancements at https://github.com/whisky-actual/Community-J-10-A/issues

Installation

The preferred method will be to use OVGME or any other mod management software.  

1) Download the mod and extract it to your desktop.

2) Make backups of your CoreMods AND Mods folders in your main DCS install.

3) Drop the content of the CoreMods AND Mods  in your main DCS install; override the files.

4) To remove the mod you will need to delete the CoreMods and Mods folders and replace them with your backups. 

Frequently Asked Questions

• Q: Do you need JF-17 to use the module?
    • Yes.
  • Q: Do we plan to make it a standalone?
    • No.
  • Q: Do we plan to have a B model or C models?
    • Yes, possibly in the future.
  • Q: Will the J10A mod pass IC?
    • No.

I was hoping for DEKA to make a J-10A module themselves, but this will also work in the meantime!

I have a question. Does the J-10A have a gun that's angled upwards instead of JF-17's downward angled gun? If so, does the gunsight compensate for the increased elevation of the gun's angle?

Edited by Baltic Dude

On 8/8/2022 at 9:49 PM, LCO489 said:

Hi guys, nice job. Would it be possible to make a version of it to be used as a AI mod only for those who don't have the Jeff?

They can install the current mod and use it as AI. We have plans to move the whole mod outside of the main install folder so that it will not interfere with the JF-17. 

On 8/8/2022 at 2:23 PM, El Phantasmo said:

So I followed the install directions using OVGME and I get this.

J10.JPG

Be sure that you are correctly applying the mod, this behavior is indicative that you are not pointing to the correct location or you are missing files. Be sure to use this URL when you download: https://github.com/whisky-actual/Community-J-10-A/releases/download/v1.0.0-Beta/Community-J-10-A_v1.0.0.zip 

Edited by whisky.actual

Nice work! I also thought that J-10 with Jeff's cockpit would be great combo. I have 2 questions about for the creators of this mod:

1. does this mod replace the JF-17?

2. the FC3 mod has the EDM file for the real cockpit of J-10, but it does not use it. Any chance you could use it? maybe @happy cavin can provide the 3d model file?

16 hours ago, diasmon said:

Nice work! I also thought that J-10 with Jeff's cockpit would be great combo. I have 2 questions about for the creators of this mod:

1. does this mod replace the JF-17?

2. the FC3 mod has the EDM file for the real cockpit of J-10, but it does not use it. Any chance you could use it? maybe @happy cavin can provide the 3d model file?

1) Yes

2) We will not do that since the model is very low quality; actually we wanted to make the J-10B which has a very similar cockpit to the JF-17. We plan to replace the A exterior model with a B model. Cockpits are a tremendous amount of work, so we plan to stick to the Jeff one.

image.png

On 8/9/2022 at 3:09 AM, Baltic Dude said:

I was hoping for DEKA to make a J-10A module themselves, but this will also work in the meantime!

I have a question. Does the J-10A have a gun that's angled upwards instead of JF-17's downward angled gun? If so, does the gunsight compensate for the increased elevation of the gun's angle?

We added some rounds to the gun and adjusted the muzzle position but that's about all. We could tweak some other parameters in the future. Personally I find it very potent.

Whisky

2 hours ago, whisky.actual said:

1) Yes

2) We will not do that since the model is very low quality; actually we wanted to make the J-10B which has a very similar cockpit to the JF-17. We plan to replace the A exterior model with a B model. Cockpits are a tremendous amount of work, so we plan to stick to the Jeff one.

image.png

We added some rounds to the gun and adjusted the muzzle position but that's about all. We could tweak some other parameters in the future. Personally I find it very potent.

Whisky

By "adjusted the muzzle position" do you mean you changed the angle the gun fires?

Is the AAR function visual only now? I see no fuel transfer after contact.

And would it pass IC after you move it outside to coexist with JF, or still need to edit CoreMods and no IC?

Edit: Is YJ-83K/KG usable now? I edited the config.lua and still get YJ-91 only in ME payload page.

Edited by Torbernite

Human allowed, demon allowed, Deka never allowed.

Distort allowed, provoke allowed, fight back never allowed.

15 hours ago, hawk4me said:

I am unable to fire any missles off this thing. I changed to PL-15 and PL-12 neither one even show up when reloading the DTC. Can't get the AG Missles to show up when doing the DTC load as well.

I have a few suggestions...

remove any other mods being used, and try it again...if no change,
try re-downloading the Mod and do a repair of DCS World...time consuming yes, but you might be missing a file or one of them is corrupt, or anti-virus program quarantined them.

if you do not see them in SMS page, then you will not be able to fire them...they work like the JF-17 for powering on, and firing

Marvin "Cactus" Palmer

DCS:World 2.5(ob)

Gigabyte Z390 Designare i7-9700K (4.6GHz), 32Gb RAM (3600MHz), GTX2070, 40" 1080p Monitor, TM Warthog, Saitek Rudder pedals,TM Cougar MFD, and an ipad.

Don't know where went wrong but after instalation through ovgme (AND jsgme) the aircraft just sinked through deck. If it was game out midair then it can pass through ground. In addition it can roll pretty good but somehow the pitch is way too slow, like a Cessnar tbh. Anyone else has the same issue?

9 hours ago, Flying Duqi said:

Don't know where went wrong but after instalation through ovgme (AND jsgme) the aircraft just sinked through deck. If it was game out midair then it can pass through ground. In addition it can roll pretty good but somehow the pitch is way too slow, like a Cessnar tbh. Anyone else has the same issue?

Be sure that you are correctly applying the mod, this behavior is indicative that you are not pointing to the correct location or you are missing files. Be sure to use this URL when you download: https://github.com/whisky-actual/Community-J-10-A/releases/download/v1.0.0-Beta/Community-J-10-A_v1.0.0.zip 

Yeah I downloaded the files dircetly from github site and other mods installed by ovgme is working just fine (like DCE and a Tomcat Cockpit texture). I dropped the mod folder into ovgme mod folder and activated it. the AI can take off and landing with the modded aircraft. It's just the player one can't really hit the deck.

{`2G8O1(S0_M{3K6JIB`NSC.png

Edited by Flying Duqi