[ATTN ALL DEVS] F-105D-31RE "THUD" THUNDERCHIEF - WITH ENGINEERING DATA DUMP, MANY FILES

SOLIDKREATE

2022-09-23: ENGINEERING DATA DUMP  - WEAPONS MANUAL SENT TO THE MOD TEAM

F-105 ENGINEERING DATA DUMPhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1vX0tQbzGLVIf5VVtqHsQDxcY-mcLQaq9/view?usp=sharing

I'd like to add in the F-105D as a module to DCS World.

A hundred missions to be flown.
*uh-hmm, uh-hmm*
A hundred targets still unknown.
*uh-hmm, uh-hmm*
But it's my belief that my Thunderchief strikes a telling blow for the GI Joe.
Still a hundred missions I my self have flown.

*uh-hmm, uh-hmm*
A hundred bridges to be blown.
*uh-hmm, uh-hmm*
If the shrapnel stuck I'll be out of luck and Jolly Green will pick me up.

*uh-hmm, uh-hmm*
*uh-hmm, uh-hmm*
On my left my right the rest of flight help keep me alive in my 105...............

(song is as best as I can recreate it from clips. Order of lyrics is unknown)

F-105D-USAF.jpg

Edited by SOLIDKREATE
added tags
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, SOLIDKREATE said:

I'd like to add in the F-105D as a module to DCS World.

A hundred missions to be flow.
*uh-hmm, uh-hmm*
*uh-hmm, uh-hmm*
But it's my belief that my Thunderchief strikes a telling blow for the GI Joe.
*uh-hmm, uh-hmm*
A hundred bridges to be blown.
*uh-hmm, uh-hmm*
If the shrapnel stuck I'll be out of luck and Jolly Green will pick me up.

*uh-hmm, uh-hmm*
On my left my right the rest of flight help keep me alive in my 105...............

(song is as best as I can recreate it from clips. Order of lyrics is unknown)

F-105D-USAF.jpg

There might not be enough documents but thr thud is high on my want list. My dad was an EWO he trained a bit in the thud before switching to the EB-66. 

• Like 2

The main question that should be asked is how feasible is it to make a FF Thunderchief. I say that because I have seen some comments in the past that developers have not being able to find all of the required data. If that's the case then those interested need to put their efforts in tracking down the people that do have the required data.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Evoman said:

The main question that should be asked is how feasible is it to make a FF Thunderchief. I say that because I have seen some comments in the past that developers have not being able to find all of the required data. If that's the case then those interested need to put their efforts in tracking down the people that do have the required data.

I don't know what else any has found but here is a google drive containing all the documents the smithsonian has. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/17Udw8h10lDxMK4sYvkmcnNSuAuX2qGea?usp=sharing

The probelm is that when republic when under they shreded the archive. I don't know what the Cradle of Avaiton musem has I think I will email them. As Republic was on Long Island there might be a chance they have something. At the bare minimum I want an AI thud 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, upyr1 said:

I don't know what else any has found but here is a google drive containing all the documents the Smithsonian has. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/17Udw8h10lDxMK4sYvkmcnNSuAuX2qGea?usp=sharing

The problem is that when republic when under they shredded the archive. I don't know what the Cradle of Avaiton musem has I think I will email them. As Republic was on Long Island there might be a chance they have something. At the bare minimum I want an AI thud 

The Smithsonian will also contact you back. I got my package two months after I asked about the "Betty". It cost's $55 USD to get the documents and they are on paper too. Or I think you can check off 'digital'. All of us in the IL-2:BoX player base want 'The Pacific'. The Betty or any other IJA/IN plane as far as data is very hard to come by. I do have a book in Japanese that details the entire B6N. I just can't read Japanese =o).

DCS would have to hurry in getting pilot accounts. These guys are in there 70's and 80's now.

Edited by SOLIDKREATE
  • Like 3

• SOLIDKREATE changed the title to [FIXED WING] F-105D "THUD" THUNDERCHIEF
  • 1 month later...

AI Thud is a must to complement the coming cold-war era player modules. A full fidelity module will also be highly welcomed!

• Like 4

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

On 9/18/2022 at 12:46 AM, Viper1031 said:

What about Janes? They put out JANES' U.S.A.F and it had the Thud on it.

Janes wasn't as detailed as DCS. So far I think we could have a Thud in MAC but it's getting the details for DCS. A developer might be able to recreate the flight model with a wind tunnel- I believe that was done with the Jug but it is the avionics interface and finding out what every switch does that would be the problem

9 hours ago, upyr1 said:

Janes wasn't as detailed as DCS. So far I think we could have a Thud in MAC but it's getting the details for DCS. A developer might be able to recreate the flight model with a wind tunnel- I believe that was done with the Jug but it is the avionics interface and finding out what every switch does that would be the problem

No need to recreate, NACA did a lot of the work with Republic back in the 50's at Langley.  Most of those reports are up on the technical servers.  There's even at least one flight test report on the B model is/was out there on DTIC.  Chances are there's more with a thick layer of dust tucked away in the AFFTC technical library at Edwards.  All that's needed is someone with time, contacts, a little money and a lot of patience for FOIA.  The performance annexes as well are floating around the interwebs so a decent aero eng should be able to back out a lot of the key attributes with the proper guidance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mkellytx said:

No need to recreate, NACA did a lot of the work with Republic back in the 50's at Langley.  Most of those reports are up on the technical servers.  There's even at least one flight test report on the B model is/was out there on DTIC.  Chances are there's more with a thick layer of dust tucked away in the AFFTC technical library at Edwards.  All that's needed is someone with time, contacts, a little money and a lot of patience for FOIA.  The performance annexes as well are floating around the interwebs so a decent aero eng should be able to back out a lot of the key attributes with the proper guidance.

That's one step that won't need to be done, but there is still the issue of what all the switches and dials do as well as how the radar bombing system worked 

2 minutes ago, SOLIDKREATE said:

Sent:

Hello,

My name is ------------ from WA State. I am an avid Flight Simulation enthusiast. I play a flight simulator game called DCS which is short for Digital Combat Simulator. The game features high fidelity, fully featured aircraft from WWII up until the Cold War. The cockpit buttons and switches are fully interactable. The newest bird they have is the F-16C Viper. I currently own the F-18C Module. I was in the Navy so I am biased.

The specific UNCLASS or DECLASS data I am interested in is Flight Test Data specific to Aerodynamic testing and performance data (charts, graphs etc.) I am also looking for Weapons employment data and what weapons the F-105D, F or G actually carried during the Vietnam Conflict. A lot of third party developers are ramping up that era of aircraft. I'd really like to see the Thud make it into the SIM. 

Unfortunately, Wikipedia is not a good source of data. It would be highly appreciated for any UNCLASS or DECLASS data you can give me. Flight Manuals, Flight Training Manuals, Weapons Employment Manuals, RADAR Operations Manuals you name it. Again specific to the Vietnam Conflict era model(s).

Preferred Format: PDF
Acceptable Formats: Excell, Word, .png, .jpeg, .webp, .tiff, .gif

Digital Combat Simulator by Eagle Dynamics:  https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/planes/

Thank You,

it will be awesome if you get the paper work 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SOLIDKREATE said:

Sent:

Hello,

My name is ------------ from WA State. I am an avid Flight Simulation enthusiast. I play a flight simulator game called DCS which is short for Digital Combat Simulator. The game features high fidelity, fully featured aircraft from WWII up until the Cold War. The cockpit buttons and switches are fully interactable. The newest bird they have is the F-16C Viper. I currently own the F-18C Module. I was in the Navy so I am biased.

The specific UNCLASS or DECLASS data I am interested in is Flight Test Data specific to Aerodynamic testing and performance data (charts, graphs etc.) I am also looking for Weapons employment data and what weapons the F-105D, F or G actually carried during the Vietnam Conflict. A lot of third party developers are ramping up that era of aircraft. I'd really like to see the Thud make it into the SIM. 

Unfortunately, Wikipedia is not a good source of data. It would be highly appreciated for any UNCLASS or DECLASS data you can give me. Flight Manuals, Flight Training Manuals, Weapons Employment Manuals, RADAR Operations Manuals you name it. Again specific to the Vietnam Conflict era model(s).

Preferred Format: PDF
Acceptable Formats: Excell, Word, .png, .jpeg, .webp, .tiff, .gif

Digital Combat Simulator by Eagle Dynamics:  https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/planes/

Thank You,

Specificity greatly increases the probability of success with FOIA.  If you know the title and that the document exists it makes the likely hood much greater that you will receive it.  The bibliographies from the technical papers on NASA’s technical server and DTIC are also fabulous resources.  AD118718 Cover 1.JPGAD118718 Cover 2.JPG

Edited by mkellytx
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SOLIDKREATE said:

Thank you, I think I contacted the NASA Flight Test Center. Looks like I need to aks for the F-105B. I found a couple of manuals that are from 1969 which I beleive is the perfect model year to bring to the game. 

• T.0. 1F-105B-1
  • T.O. 1F-105B-1A

Dash one's will give you a description of every system, procedures, EP's, limits and some Stan Eval stuff.  The performance annex will give you a lot of the info you can use to build a flight model if you know what to do.  Still need at least a dash 34, and more likely at least one of its annexes.  The Thud also had a pretty good stab aug system and none of the documents discussed have anything about the control laws for that.  The Thud is pretty tricky because so much of the Republic documentation was destroyed decades ago and is lost to history.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SOLIDKREATE said:

Thank you, I think I contacted the NASA Flight Test Center. Looks like I need to aks for the F-105B. I found a couple of manuals that are from 1969 which I beleive is the perfect model year to bring to the game. 

• T.0. 1F-105B-1
  • T.O. 1F-105B-1A

The D, F and G were used over Vietnam. 

• Like 2

Now this is probably the best attempt I have seen by someone to actually try to help find the necessary data to bring an aircraft they want to DCS. Now you just need to find a third party to take on the project and figure out if any licensing would be required. 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1