Ai RIO radio tune not working

AJ_Daubz

Hello, I have just got vaicom and airio up and running and am loving it so far! 

I have run into a strange issue though where the radio tune command isn't being recognised for some reason, I just get unrecognised in voice attack even though it correctly understands what I've said. 

I have checked in the extension packs section of voice attack, and radio tune is listed there. All the other airio functions are also working normally such as tacan tune etc, it's  just radio tune which isn't. 

I'd appreciate if anyone has any ideas, thanks! 🙂 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Nickentik said:

Turn of the flyable aircraft mods (uh60l, a4e , etc) and try again. They are not compatible with aero

Hmmm, that's really interesting, gonna try that! Thanks!

They are not "mods" though, but full blown community modules. 😉 The A-4E-C works on the ground fine, and I believe if you turn on easy comms, it works in the air too. Can't really remember for the UH-60L while it's in the air, but it's radio code is based on the A-4E-C,  so I gather it's the same.

Anyway, gonna try this tip, but I did my test without starting DCS as you can see. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

On 8/19/2022 at 11:42 PM, Nickentik said:

Turn of the flyable aircraft mods (uh60l, a4e , etc) and try again. They are not compatible with aero

this is interesting! could mods/modules , especially community made ones, create a conflict?  yeah maybe!  definitely not the popular ones like A4-Skyhawk, but like i have some that are total hacks off of Forums lol.  im going to pull all of them down now and test this. easy to try!

There are some things in DCS, especially in the exporting part of the engine, that use ID numbers to identify aircraft types with the data they share.  (and theyre not complex.  like A10=8, F18=9, etc. easily conflicted with)  DCS-BIOS is essentially observing that data at all times and filtering based on the ID. (example: Oh this speed number has ID of 6, thats a russian plane, i need to convert that from kilometers and divide it by whatever and now i can display it human-readable as a circular-gauge, etc.).   Sometimes these aircraft-mods piggyback on these by spoofing IDs to read and display data, so its feasible that this could cause an issue

19 minutes ago, Whistler_RIO said:

this is interesting! could mods/modules , especially community made ones, create a conflict?  yeah maybe!  definitely not the popular ones like A4-Skyhawk, but like i have some that are total hacks off of Forums lol.  im going to pull all of them down now and test this. easy to try!

Except that the radios in the UH-60L are based on the A-4E-C radio code. And since that only plays well with easy comms, who knows? 🤷🏻‍♂️😉
I requested long time ago that VAICOM could have been made to support the A-4, but no answer on that unfortunately.

Cheers!