New Virpil T-50 Base - Inbound

dburne

This looks -- so very interesting...

https://forum.virpil.com/index.php?/topic/11807-welcome-to-the-pilots-seat-virpil-controls-teaser/

Much as I don't need it - this one I may just have to get. Especially with U.S. store coming soon.

Edited by dburne
  • Thanks 2

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I wonder if they found a way to do a combo dry clutch and force sensing base where you can use one or the other.  And since they were exclusively showing the F-16, I wonder if they are finally going to do an F-16 grip? 

I'm looking forward to this as I haven't had a new VirPil creation since control panel 3.  And by the time this releases, I might be buying it from their U.S. store.

Finally, teasers are evil.

Edited by zcaa0g
  • Like 2

I don’t know if I should wait for the US branch to open but I’m ready to purchase the CM3 throttle. But back to the main topic This could be a Realsimulator competitor… maybe

Edited by Burt

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

6 minutes ago, Burt said:

I don’t know if I should wait for the US branch to open but I’m ready to purchase the CM3 throttle. But back to the main topic This could be a Realsimulator competitor… maybe

CM3 Throttle is an awesome throttle absolutely love mine. Yeah that video has me very intrigued for sure. As much as I love my Gunfighter MK III Pro especially with the metal Ultimate Grip, this one has perked my interest for sure. But I really do not need to be spending any money anytime soon... but man the way that stick just smoothly went back to center when let go...

Edited by dburne
  • Like 2

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Haha ! That was definitely the money shot. I’m sure Virpil’s software will have the ability to set the tension too. I’m alittle intimidated on the software not gonna lie !

• Like 1

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

I wanna be filthy rich

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

On 8/8/2022 at 7:54 PM, Burt said:

Why would this be a competitor to RealSimulator? This appears to be an evolution of current T50 base with dampers or something similar. Not sure why they've used F16 for demo given stick was center mounted and on 120mm extension (F18 would have been more appropriate) so perhaps there is something behind this, but I doubt it is force sensing...

• Like 1

On 8/8/2022 at 4:29 PM, MAXsenna said:

Hmmm... Yeah, it is. Was sure it was gonna be a force sensing one. Too small base for FFB, but it seemed kinda dampened. Hmmm... 🤔 

My bet is that it's just a adjustable "clutch" like in VPC Tork pedals or the "dry-clutch" of VPC Gunfighter base.

ForceSense base it's already available - by Real Simulator; no much sense VirPil risk in compete in this "niche of a niche."

• Like 1

Anybody care to enlighten me, what a force sensing or ForceSense joystick(-base) is?

(I mean isn't any kind of Joystick sensing force?)

I'm really confused... 😬

Edited by Hiob

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

20 minutes ago, Hiob said:

Anybody care to enlighten me, what a force sensing or ForceSense joystick(-base) is?

(I mean isn't any kind of Joystick sensing force?)

I'm really confused... 😬

The extremely oversimplified version (as I understand it) is that a "true" force sensing joystick doesn't move side to side/forward and backwards and detect that movement but directly senses the pressure/force applied to the stick (which remains in a stationary position).  So a typical joystick you push it left and the stick moves left and the base senses (by various means) the physical movement of the stick left.  A force sensing stick you exert pressure left, it doesn't physically move left but senses the amount of left hand force you are putting on it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, rob10 said:

The extremely oversimplified version (as I understand it) is that a "true" force sensing joystick doesn't move side to side/forward and backwards and detect that movement but directly senses the pressure/force applied to the stick (which remains in a stationary position).  So a typical joystick you push it left and the stick moves left and the base senses (by various means) the physical movement of the stick left.  A force sensing stick you exert pressure left, it doesn't physically move left but senses the amount of left hand force you are putting on it.

Okay.... like the original stick in the early F-16. Thank you.

But that is definitly not what is shown in the promo material.

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

39 minutes ago, Hiob said:

Okay.... like the original stick in the early F-16. Thank you.

But that is definitly not what is shown in the promo material.

Ya, pretty sure all the talk about it being a force sensing joystick was wishful thinking rather than reality.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sokol1_br said:

My bet is that it's just a adjustable "clutch" like in VPC Tork pedals or the "dry-clutch" of VPC Gunfighter base.

ForceSense base it's already available - by Real Simulator; no much sense VirPil risk in compete in this "niche of a niche."

You can't get that behavior as shown in the vid with VKB Clutch - at least I can't in mine it would not return to center. I wonder if they are using springs or have gone to something else for this base. It is interesting, I mean the movement was very smooth and same speed from letting go to returning to center. At least that was my impression from the video. Not sure how one would accomplish that with springs.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 1

Don B

On 8/11/2022 at 2:44 AM, dburne said:

I wonder if they are using springs or have gone to something else for this base. It is interesting, I mean the movement was very smooth and same speed

It makes me think, if Virpil have redesigned their flagship MongoosT-50 Base, with apparent emphasis on smooth movement, will there be a redesigned collective coming too.

I think, especially when compared to the excellent quality T-50, that the collective's somewhat suboptimal friction axis is crying out for a redesign.

Of course any collective is a less popular sim controller than a stick, so maybe it wont see a quality treatment for a while yet. Would be good if it did though. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

MSI Z690 EDGE | i5 12600K | RTX 3070 TUF OC 8GB | Kingston Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MHz CL16 | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 |SilverStone 1000W Strider 80+ Platinum PSU | LG 34GN850 UWQHD 160Hz G-Sync HDR IPS 34in Monitor | Antlion Audio ModMic Uni-Directional Microphone with Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Back Studio Headphones | Behringer Xenyx 302USB Mixer | Virpil T-50CM3 Throttle | DELANCLiP head tracking | Gunfighter Mk.III MCE Ultimate | Crosswind Pedals | W10

It looks like The Noobifier in his latest video on YouTube has his hands on one for an upcoming review.  It was a very subtle glimpse of it, but clearly was not the current CM2 base.  And the video is a real chopper pilot testing out DCS and using it, but making no mention of it being the new base.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1