Subtitles missing

flasper

My subtitles stopped showing up and I am not sure why. I have subtitles enabled in the options. I have also tried verifying the integrity of the files on Steam and reinstalling it with no luck. I have VAICOM Pro, SRS, and Tacview installed. I recently installed sratchpad for dcs but I removed it. I could use some help troubleshooting this.

Solution for future reference: There was a LUA file in my Saved Games/DCS/Scripts/Hooks called GreenieClientHook. Once I removed that file my issue was resolved.

Edited by flasper
solution to issue

1 hour ago, flasper said:

My subtitles stopped showing up and I am not sure why. I have subtitles enabled in the options. I have also tried verifying the integrity of the files on Steam and reinstalling it with no luck. I have VAICOM Pro, SRS, and Tacview installed. I recently installed sratchpad for dcs but I removed it. I could use some help troubleshooting this.

Uncheck this, and restart DCS.

null

image.png

EDIT: Or keep the text hidden, and press Escape and bring up the message history. 😉|

Edited by MAXsenna
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, flasper said:

I don't have it checked, and none of the messages are showing up in the message history either.

nullnull

image.png

Strange. Do you run VA as admin? 

Have you tried to run a FULL repair with VA off? And then start VA before you start DCS after the repair? 

I have tried running DCS without VA, have done a repair on Steam as I still use the steam version, and tried running both as Admin and still nothing. At this point I am contemplating uninstalling and wiping out everything related to DCS on my PC.null

1 hour ago, flasper said:

You are the best. That fixed it. Now to figure out what changed in my Saved Games folder recently.

Copy back one by one. Well, I guess. A couple are blameless like the input folder. But you might want to start with scripts and the export.lua, to completely to rule VAICOM  in or out. 

Cheers!