Home cockpit for sale

forgeknight

nullYear or so ago I bought a salvaged out professional motion simulator platform and made it into my DCS VR/non VR pit. Problem is I spend  more time tinkering with it  then flying in it, and I actually really like working on them...so I want to build another one, and this one needs to get of the room so I have space. So I want to sell this  100% complete with all the controls.

No, don't feel bad, I literally have a less bulky cockpit on the other side of the room with a complete set of controls that I fly out of also. I have a lead on a new shell and I want to get started so this thing needs to go! Here is what you are getting.

3 MFD panels

Virpil base with TM hornet stick and extension

crosswind pedals

Winwing Super Taurus Throttle, T/O panel and combat panel

Tek creations f16 right side panel, ICP and Caution panel with AOA Indexers

Various other toggle switches and buttons wired throughout, powered usb strips  and at least 1 Leo bodnar board to run them (it has three in it but it doesn't need them all) and side speakers w/controller. 

The spitfire trim wheels are most likely not going with it, as I don't really want to have to reprint them and would like them in my new build.

A replica MB ejection seat made of wood.

Here is the catch, this sucker is metal (frame and panels), wood (some panels) and fiberglass (the front part), it is heavy with everything in it. The skeleton is manageable though and the panels are easy to take on and off.

I don't think it can be shipped, not for anything reasonable, so if you are in central Florida or don't mind driving it is up for sale. Not sure of the value, but I am going to start at $5000 and see what people think, then move the price accordingly as needed. I also have some of the original parts, including the rudder pedals (heavy metal f16 style), panels, and the motors that drove the flight system ( I doubt they work but who knows). If  you want more pictures let me know. So what are your thoughts?

image.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, forgeknight said:

nullYear or so ago I bought a salvaged out professional motion simulator platform and made it into my DCS VR/non VR pit. Problem is I spend  more time tinkering with it  then flying in it, and I actually really like working on them...so I want to build another one, and this one needs to get of the room so I have space. So I want to sell this  100% complete with all the controls.

No, don't feel bad, I literally have a less bulky cockpit on the other side of the room with a complete set of controls that I fly out of also. I have a lead on a new shell and I want to get started so this thing needs to go! Here is what you are getting.

3 MFD panels

Virpil base with TM hornet stick and extension

crosswind pedals

Winwing Super Taurus Throttle, T/O panel and combat panel

Tek creations f16 right side panel, ICP and Caution panel with AOA Indexers

Various other toggle switches and buttons wired throughout, powered usb strips  and at least 1 Leo bodnar board to run them (it has three in it but it doesn't need them all) and side speakers w/controller. 

The spitfire trim wheels are most likely not going with it, as I don't really want to have to reprint them and would like them in my new build.

A replica MB ejection seat made of wood.

Here is the catch, this sucker is metal (frame and panels), wood (some panels) and fiberglass (the front part), it is heavy with everything in it. The skeleton is manageable though and the panels are easy to take on and off.

I don't think it can be shipped, not for anything reasonable, so if you are in central Florida or don't mind driving it is up for sale. Not sure of the value, but I am going to start at $5000 and see what people think, then move the price accordingly as needed. I also have some of the original parts, including the rudder pedals (heavy metal f16 style), panels, and the motors that drove the flight system ( I doubt they work but who knows). If  you want more pictures let me know. So what are your thoughts?

image.jpeg

You sure you want to sell the thing as a full package? 

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

That is a tricky question. I don't need the controls, like I said I have another set on the other side of the room, and spares sitting in the floor. However, it is getting harder to get controllers so if I part with them, I may not be able to replace them ever again, especially the Super Taurus. It is also hard to part with it as I have worked on it for so long, but I really want to start this next build.

I might be willing to pull parts out and sell the shell though, let someone else build it up with their stuff. That would certainly cut the price a lot, say around $2500 for the shell? I don't think I would single sell any of the controllers out though.

• 3 months later...

If you consider breaking the pit up I'd be interested in the Tek F-16 right side panel

Edited by skunk160

skunk160 | Win10 PRO 64bit | i7-4770K 3.50 GHz | 32GB DDR3/1866MHz | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 x2 | Oculus Rift S | Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 | Virpil F-14B grip | Virpil 200m Curved Extension | PointCTRL | Delta Sim TM Slew | Sim Bandit AHCP | MFG Crosswind Pedals | //FOX2 Switch Boxes | RECARO SPG Seat | AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Transducer x2

//FOXTWO Multi-Role Combat Pit Build http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134745

• 3 weeks later...

I'd be interested in the rudders and combat panel Takeoff panel. I'm located in Panama City, FL.

CPU:Ryzen 7 3800X/Cooler:Corsair 280mm H115i Platinum with 15 total fans/Mobo:Asrock X570 Taichi/Ram:32GB 3600Mhz Gskill Trident Z Neo/GPU:EVGA XC Ultra 2 2080 Ti/PSU:Corsair RM850x/Storage:Samsung Evo970 250gb NVMe M.2, Samsung Evo960 1tb SSD, WD Blue 500gb SSD, WD Black 4tb HDD/Monitors: 2 Dell S2716DGR 1440p 144hz 1ms Gsync/Case:Thermaltake Veiw 71 Snow/VR:Oculus Rift S/Track Ir5/VKB Gunfighter Mk.III Base & MCG Pro Grip/MFG Crosswinds V2 Rudder Pedals/Virpil MT-50CM Throttle/TM Cougar MFDs