Desired Features for future track system rework

Exorcet

5 hours ago, Tippis said:

Because you're arguing against it.

You're even arguing against it on the basis that there is a mod — something you've declared a gigantic waste of time — that does some of the things that are being asked for, but without the full integration in the game.

SharpeXB is a gigantic waste of time 

4 hours ago, Tippis said:

And yet you're arguing against it.

You don't see how a track replay software that can record and export some data from DCS relates to DCS' capability to record tracks and then replay them — a capability DCS has for the same reason the track recording software exists? Really? Are you quite sure this is the line of reasoning you want to go with? 🤣

Good thing no-one has suggested that, then. But actually, yes, it really could be that easy even if that wouldn't fulfil the original request.

Tackview plus all the other requests would be awesome. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tippis said:

The insight has already been provided: the problem with DCS' (single-player) track recording is that it records control inputs and that those do not deterministically yield a reliable and repeatable outcome. Be it sampling errors or randomisation or other details not related to input, this input focus is nice in that it allows for taking control in the middle of a recording (and occasionally for debugging systems scripting) but not very good for actually recording the full state of the game… much less replaying it.

I just want to point out again that input recording is fine and widely used. It's even been used successfully in endurance racing games where replays may last for 24 hours or more. The problem with DCS is not the method, it's the implementation. Removing the ability to record input would be a massive step backwards in my opinion.

• Like 1

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Back in the day, when aircraft were FC3 and flight models were all SFM, track files were quite reliable—that is, until an update would come along. In fact, the early tutorials accompanying sim were TRK files with text and voice added. And it worked well, for the most part. But as the sim became more complex—AFM and PFM, more complex weather, more complex AI, etc—the TRK system hasn’t kept up. Would love to see it 99% reliable again.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.