gav88888

Hi,

Whenever I radio call the KC135 to refuel nothing happens. KC130 works fine. When a friend uses his F14 with the KC135 he has no issues so wondering if this is broken or not compatible with the 18?

I have only just started A2A refueling practice so not sure if the 18 works with the KC135?

Ps this isn't the MPRS model with the boom.

Thanks

If you call a tanker and he does not respond, you either have the wrong frequency, or you are trying to call an incompatible tankee, in which case he will not reply. 

Note, there are two KC-135 in DCS, the KC-135 with a boom and the KC-135MPRS with two drogues. 

So if you didnt take the MPRS, then you took the wrong one. 

Edited by razo+r
  • Like 1

• ED Team

Hi

as mentioned above it is either wrong frequency or the tanker is not compatible

Currently in DCS we dont have mixed tankers with both basket and probe, so you will not get a reply from a tanker using a probe if you have a basket system. 

thanks 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

4 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Currently in DCS we dont have mixed tankers with both basket and probe, so you will not get a reply from a tanker using a probe if you have a basket system.

Can we expect that to change in the future? As well as the addition of buddy stores being a payload option (like they are IRL), instead of requiring dedicated unit entries for the exact same aircraft with a buddy store (such as the S-3B).

• Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• ED Team
9 minutes ago, Northstar98 said:

Can we expect that to change in the future? As well as the addition of buddy stores being a payload option (like they are IRL), instead of requiring dedicated unit entries for the exact same aircraft with a buddy store (such as the S-3B).

It is something we want to change in the future but I have no ETA. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

The 18 uses a basket, KC135 deploys a basket.

This tanker also works with the F14 which also uses a basket, but in the 18 I had no reply on comms so its not compatible?? 

The 14 and 18 were in the same mission using the same freq. 

Is anyone with an 18 able to test the KC135? 

Edited by gav88888

Just now, gav88888 said:

The 18 uses a basket, KC135 deploys a basket.

This tanker also works with the F14 which also uses a basket, but in the 18 I had no reply on comms so its not compatible?? 

In DCS, only the KC-135MPRS has a basket. The other KC-135 has a boom only. So what you have to do is select the KC-135MPRS to refuel.

• Like 2

You sure, the MPRS has a boom out the back and little pods on wings which Is for the baskets? I tried that one as well, radio worked but no basket was deployed? 

I was within 1m off the back and probe was out on the 18 ready for fuel. 

Edited by gav88888

3 minutes ago, gav88888 said:

You sure, the MPRS has a boom out the back and little pods on wings which Is for the baskets? I tried that one as well, radio worked but no basket was deployed? 

I was within 1m off the back and probe was out on the 18 ready for fuel. 

The MPRS does have a boom but it's not functional in DCS. Only the baskets work for the MPRS, which is what the F-18 and others need.

Did you join the tanker in the pre-contact position and said ready pre-contact with the radio?

Edited by razo+r
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

As well as the addition of buddy stores being a payload option (like they are IRL), instead of requiring dedicated unit entries for the exact same aircraft with a buddy store (such as the S-3B).

AFAIK Hornet C didn't have option of buddy tanking, only Super Hornet.

8 hours ago, razo+r said:

The MPRS does have a boom but it's not functional in DCS. Only the baskets work for the MPRS, which is what the F-18 and others need.

Did you join the tanker in the pre-contact position and said ready pre-contact with the radio?

Yeah I did all the precontact stuff. I can refuel using the 130 I just had issues with the 135. 

I will try the 135 MPRS again later and see what happens. 

Thanks 

As mentioned:

DCS offers 2 Types of KC 135s: 

KC135 (boom only)

KC135MPRS (both)

Although the MPRS Type usually has both, unfortunately in DCS only the baskets will work (yet).

Also do not confuse both with the KC130 which has a basket system only.

So:

For a basket system, like the F18 or F14, you WILL need either a KC130 or a KC135MPRS tanker. Make sure you have the correct freq. set and that you are contacting the correct callsign on your comms menu. The tanker will answer.

Edited by Jel
  • Like 2

When in doubt - climb. Nobody ever collided with air.

16 hours ago, Foka said:

AFAIK Hornet C didn't have option of buddy tanking, only Super Hornet.

That’s my understanding also, but we are getting aircraft in the future (namely the A-6E) that can equip a buddy store. You can even find photos of them with a mixed load out of buddy store + Maverick and buddy store + Rockeye IIs.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.