Air Combat Sim Podcast - Episode #33: Heatblur Simulations

IronMike

Listen to the latest episode of Air Combat Sim Podcast featuring @Cobra847 - CEO, Founder and Lead Artist at Heatblur Simulations.

A big Thank You goes to @baltic_dragon, @Belgeode and the entire Air Combat Sim Podcast team!

We hope you enjoy the episode.

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 4

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Thanks.

I digged in the FAQs of the HB Phantom thread and maybe found some kind of answer to my question from above:

"Q: Why won’t all variants be part of one module?
A: The investment of time and effort to do the Navy and Marine Corps versions of the F-4 justice makes it unrealistic for us to include everything in one package. We want to make sure to tell the story of each Phantom variant chosen in the most content rich and appropriate way possible, while making sure that we stay a thriving and viable team. We’ll share more details on our plans with regards to variant additions to the F-4 later, but we remain steadfastly committed to ensuring that we are fair to our beloved community and supporters."

So there may be more than one Navy Phantom but (they are) not included in the first module? (Which would be totally fair and fine imho.)

Edited by Tom Kazansky
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom Kazansky said:

Thanks.

I digged in the FAQs of the HB Phantom thread and maybe found some kind of answer to my question from above:

"Q: Why won’t all variants be part of one module?
A: The investment of time and effort to do the Navy and Marine Corps versions of the F-4 justice makes it unrealistic for us to include everything in one package. We want to make sure to tell the story of each Phantom variant chosen in the most content rich and appropriate way possible, while making sure that we stay a thriving and viable team. We’ll share more details on our plans with regards to variant additions to the F-4 later, but we remain steadfastly committed to ensuring that we are fair to our beloved community and supporters."

So there may be more than one Navy Phantom but (they are) not included in the first module? (Which would be totally fair and fine imho.)

May be more than one navy variant, but at least one, and yes, they will be offered separately, not included in the F-4E package.

• Thanks 5

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Personally for me, I will just settle for the A-6E, just the A-6E. I am not interested in the KA-6 is(That is just me)....it is merely a just a tanker and I do not fancy flying circles...only good for multiplayer folks, not Single Player. 

I hope they (the developers) just decrease their own workload and merely work only on just A-6E Intruder than other variants of it. This itself, they said, it's complex. It'll sell like hot cakes too. It is already taking them long to bring out the F-14 Iranian AF version. 

We do not have EW capability or behaviour modelled enough to utilize the dedicated jammer EA-6. How the ECM functions and how it affects radar signatures or interference has yet to be fully modelled. So, just the A-6E would be wonderful. rest of them can be AI till their functions and environment is fully fleshed out.

As for the F-4 - I guess we'll be seeing the E model first, then the J or S. (I'm OK with just one Navy/MC). Since they said it will be only coming as separate module and separately priced, I do like to see difference, more bang for the buck. I believe we'd see more tangible difference in either S or the British Phantom...lots of difference and goodies.

Rest of the Cold war era planes I'd love to see, taking into the likelihood of being possible - Jaguar, J-35J/F, A-4E Skyhawk and F-104...these are retired and has seen good service.

Great episode for of lots of interesting ideas and news. With regards to other cold War jets may I suggest the F8, the Thud and the Hun!

Also it's a sold here for the full fidelity A6, super carrier forrestal and East Asia if they happen.

Thanks for all the hard work and honesty in the interview.  Lots of food for thought. 

• Like 1

Listen to the latest episode of Air Combat Sim Podcast featuring @Cobra847 - CEO, Founder and Lead Artist at Heatblur Simulations.

A big Thank You goes to @baltic_dragon, @Belgeode and the entire Air Combat Sim Podcast team!

We hope you enjoy the episode.

Heard the Su-27 being mentioned... a Heatblur made Flanker would be incredible! I'd pay $100 for that, without thinking twice. Please make it happen.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Odd that interviewers never mention the F-111F as a potential candidate. When the addition of the F-4E DMAS/ARN-101, and eventually the A-6E, a lot of the tech to make the F-111F will be available-

TF-30

Swing wings

A/G Jester AI 

Multicrew

PAVE Tack

GBU-15

AG Radar

Seems like a no brainer and yet no one asks about it.

• Like 4

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

On 8/13/2022 at 6:36 PM, Vampyre said:

Odd that interviewers never mention the F-111F as a potential candidate. When the addition of the F-4E DMAS/ARN-101, and eventually the A-6E, a lot of the tech to make the F-111F will be available-

TF-30

Swing wings

A/G Jester AI 

Multicrew

PAVE Tack

GBU-15

AG Radar

Seems like a no brainer and yet no one asks about it.

It's not true that no one asks about it. It just isn't as popular as the Phantom, Intruder and the Tornado.

The issue is that Heatblur has taken quite a few projects already so any talk for further modules is for far into the future.

I for one would absolutely love to have it and it would make a logical progression after the F-14, F-4, A-6, Viggen and Eurofighter. The problem is that those modules all take priority over it so I don't really see any reason to start speculating about next modules.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

So @Cobra847 , as every man and his dog seems to be announcing new maps weekly at the momen, is now the time that the dream of the Southeast Asia map becomes a reality? 😋 I know it would be a shedload of work but I'd feel happier Heatblur doing it above anyone else. I'd even stop pestering about the A6 (for a little while 😁).

• Like 1