300M 600M

dresoccer4
Go to solution Solved by Snappy,

The 300m - 600m button doesn't seem to do anything in my setup. I'm under the impression it's supposed to change the target range pipper in A2A guns. Can someone explain? Alos what is the lock/unlock secondary feature?

• Like 1

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

This button should have a number of functions. One is as you say to switch sight sensitivity back and forth from 600 to 300m. Only of any use when firing without a radar lock. It also can be used together with the R550 (not yet coded) to Break an R550 lock and set the R550 into boresight mode and or return the R550 back to its default Scan and auto lock mode.

Edited by IvanK
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Solution
8 hours ago, dresoccer4 said:

The 300m - 600m button doesn't seem to do anything in my setup. I'm under the impression it's supposed to change the target range pipper in A2A guns. Can someone explain? Alos what is the lock/unlock secondary feature?

In addition to what IvanK wrote:

The button not seeming to change the range for the gun reticle irritated me as well at first, but to switch between 300m and 600m gun range you simply need to press and and hold it for a bit longer, maybe a second or so.

If you just click (assuming HOTAS or Joystick now) and immediately release it, it doesn’t work.Just keep it pressed a bit longer and you can see the gun reticle jump , up or down, showing the range has changed.

Unless they fixed it with the last patch, unfortunately the scale above the gunsight, indicating gun range(only in weapons mode, normally its the compass display)  , doesn’t change and stays stuck at 300m.Think that’s a bug.

Hope this helps a bit.

Kind regards,

Snappy 

Edited by Snappy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

13 hours ago, Snappy said:

In addition to what IvanK wrote:

The button not seeming to change the range for the gun reticle irritated me as well at first, but to switch between 300m and 600m gun range you simply need to press and and hold it for a bit longer, maybe a second or so.

If you just click (assuming HOTAS or Joystick now) and immediately release it, it doesn’t work.Just keep it pressed a bit longer and you can see the gun reticle jump , up or down, showing the range has changed.

Unless they fixed it with the last patch, unfortunately the scale above the gunsight, indicating gun range(only in weapons mode, normally its the compass display)  , doesn’t change and stays stuck at 300m.Think that’s a bug.

Hope this helps a bit.

Kind regards,

Snappy 

exactly my problem! pressing the button did nothing. i'll try your solution to hold it down longer 👍🏽

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules