MiG-19S

FlankerFan35

On 8/9/2022 at 12:24 PM, FlankerFan35 said:

Are there any plans for the S variant or is it a possibility?

I hope so too. I would pay money for the -S variant so I can fly the historical version of many MiG-19's in Sinai and Syria settings. It's also a better dogfighter than the MiG-19P currently in DCS so, since MiG-23MLA has had little work on it as of late, spending a small amount of rime (relatively) on the MiG-19S before we get the MiG-23MLA would be very much welcome and I hope RAZBAM sees this.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Baltic Dude said:

I hope so too. I would pay money for the -S variant so I can fly the historical version of many MiG-19's in Sinai and Syria settings. It's also a better dogfighter than the MiG-19P currently in DCS so, since MiG-23MLA has had little work on it as of late, spending a small amount of rime (relatively) on the MiG-19S before we get the MiG-23MLA would be very much welcome and I hope RAZBAM sees this.

Totally agree, I've always loved the 19S and it's had a rather interesting history but flies under the radar!

• Like 6

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, FlankerFan35 said:

Here are some shots from the Razbam discord. "The S model is already finished and animated some modifications should be done to the cockpit still but so far it is on the backburner" is the quote.

So basically it's really close to finished but they aren't working on it in favor of things like the F-15E.  Understandable I guess, but the release of the S would convince me to finally buy the MiG-19 as I'm not really interested in the P version.  The S also looks better imo as it doesn't have the radar domes in the nose.  Makes it sleeker.  Hopefully they can release it after the F-15E before they get too stuck into another module like the MiG-23... 

• Like 1

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

15 hours ago, FlankerFan35 said:

Here are some shots from the Razbam discord. "The S model is already finished and animated some modifications should be done to the cockpit still but so far it is on the backburner" is the quote.

a19s-wip2.png

a19s-wip1.png

OOH! I had no idea they were even working on it! Now I really am hyped lol!

EDIT: I wonder if this will be separate or part of the Mig-19P as one pack

Edited by carss
  • Like 4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2023 at 2:12 PM, FlankerFan35 said:

a19s-wip2.png

a19s-wip1.png

Dawn, can they use even less polygon points or whatever it is called? You can see the angled edges. The body isn't even rounded.  And those edges at the nose part of the fuselage aren't even aligned with the back part.  

• Like 1

qLjvyQ3.png

My Adorable Communist Errand Girls  🙂

Led by me, the Communist Errand Panda 🥰

On 1/26/2023 at 12:12 PM, PLAAF said:

Dawn, can they use even less polygon points or whatever it is called? You can see the angled edges. The body isn't even rounded.  And those edges at the nose part of the fuselage aren't even aligned with the back part.  

Well seeing as those images don't have the roughmets/texturing yet your statements are premature.  Also, really?  It's not rounded?  I don't think we're looking at the same images...  If you want to complain about low polygon count and things not being round, take a look at the current state of the Tu-95 Bear or the engines on the S-3 Viking before you complain about the "angles" on the MiG-19S.  The stuff you see now will likely be hidden when they actually texture the model.

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

On 1/30/2023 at 4:34 PM, Stackup said:

Well seeing as those images don't have the roughmets/texturing yet your statements are premature.  Also, really?  It's not rounded?  I don't think we're looking at the same images...  If you want to complain about low polygon count and things not being round, take a look at the current state of the Tu-95 Bear or the engines on the S-3 Viking before you complain about the "angles" on the MiG-19S.  The stuff you see now will likely be hidden when they actually texture the model.

No, we are seeing the same picture. Those line caused by the light show's they are no rounded. And they are not aligned.
I don't care that much about Tu-95 and S-3 since I didn't pay for them.

null

image.png

Edited by PLAAF
  • Like 1

qLjvyQ3.png

You haven't paid for MiG-19S either. 

Relax, that's just how WIP model can look like in early stages of development. 

• Like 2

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

3 hours ago, PLAAF said:

No, we are seeing the same picture. Those line caused by the light show's they are no rounded. And they are not aligned.
I don't care that much about Tu-95 and S-3 since I didn't pay for them.

Where have you paid for the MiG-19S? 

The only reason I brought up the Tu-95 and S-3 is to show you that, yes, Razbam could've used less polygons.  What they have is really good except that one spot that isn't aligned and shows a vertice that runs the entire length of the airplane.  If you look at the smooth shadow gradient on the upper surface of the nose, you'll see that it is only "not round" in that one spot.  It's still WIP, I wouldn't worry about it. 

Also, if you look closely at the current MiG-19P, the model is about the same in terms of using straight lines to make a circle and I almost think the S is a bit smoother aside from that one line you brought up.  In any case, none of this will be visible once the textures and mapping is completed unless you decide to zoom in reaaaally close.

DCS 2_3_2023 6_17_27 PM.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2023 at 11:22 AM, Stackup said:

Where have you paid for the MiG-19S? 

I remember they once said that MiG-19S would be a part of the MiG-19 module pack. So in that sense, people who paid for MiG-19P paid for S.

On 2/4/2023 at 11:22 AM, Stackup said:

The only reason I brought up the Tu-95 and S-3 is to show you that, yes, Razbam could've used less polygons.  What they have is really good except that one spot that isn't aligned and shows a vertice that runs the entire length of the airplane.  If you look at the smooth shadow gradient on the upper surface of the nose, you'll see that it is only "not round" in that one spot.  It's still WIP, I wouldn't worry about it. 

Also, if you look closely at the current MiG-19P, the model is about the same in terms of using straight lines to make a circle and I almost think the S is a bit smoother aside from that one line you brought up.  In any case, none of this will be visible once the textures and mapping is completed unless you decide to zoom in reaaaally close.

DCS 2_3_2023 6_17_27 PM.png

Yep, you are right. They didn't use as many polygons as other modules in DCS. That's why I am not happy with the MiG-19 module. Not only they used so few polygons, we rarely get updates for this module compared with others. Many buttons are still unmappable and many axis don't work as intended. For example, axis like the light, gunsight won't even move until you move your axis pass 50%. And if you tried to map them onto buttons, hehe, for a single press of that button, it will increase or decrease the volume by a light year, making micro-adjustment impossible. And we only have 1 cycling button for the airbrake, which has 2 positions. 

Edited by PLAAF
  • Like 5

qLjvyQ3.png

• 1 month later...

(Continue with my last comment)

Also, take a look at this. Everyone else made a fan in the air intake, but in MiG-19....... we got a whiteboard.

2v1OPxC.png

gCidcJj.png

Edited by PLAAF
  • Like 4

qLjvyQ3.png

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 17.01.2024 at 05:55, BalticDude said:

Да, мы все еще ждем МиГ-19, а у RAZBAM 100000000 модулей в разработке, и он несерьезно относится к 99999999 из них

I hope they put the same bolt on the F-15.

• Like 1