CVN-70 USS Carl Vinson - disappeared in 2.7.16.28157 OB/stable

western_JPN

CVN-70 USS Carl Vinson is the legacy CATOBAR carrier in DCS with a cheap 3d model. 
In version 2.7.16. 28157 (both OB and stable) , she looks disappeared.

I cannot find her in mission editor.
Many old missions (also ED / 3rd Parties' Instant Actions) using CVN-70 become to lose compatibility ..... no Starting Waypoint / Landing Waypoint for Navy aircrafts.
(negated on 14th/Aug.)

I've not heard the announce that "CVN-70 will be deleted from DCS World".
Is it something accident ?

Edited by western_JPN

Modules: A-10C/II, F-5E, F-14A/B, F-15E, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, FC3, Ka-50-2/3, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, SA342, Mi-24P, AH-64D, P-51D
Maps: Nevada, PG, Syria, SA, Sinai, Channel, Normandy2.0      Assets etc.: CA, Sc, WW2AP
Mods and Skins in User Files: files/filter/user-is-western0221/ 

Screen_221018_005618c.jpg

It was removed from being placed in the editor, but the files for it still exist in the game. If you load up a mission featuring the CVN-70 it should still exist. Though there seems to be a problem/functionality of the editor that if you select the unit it'll change to the first alphabetical ship type available since it doesn't think the CVN-70 is a valid unit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

18 minutes ago, Бойовий Сокіл said:

It is a very old model and we now have the free SC level of quality Stennis. What is the point of keeping these old models?

Compatibility like others said. For instance, the Argo campaign for the Huey depends on it. But it would of course be better it it too was updated to SC quality. 😊 

Cheers! 

• Like 1

On 8/10/2022 at 9:00 AM, Grimes said:

It was removed from being placed in the editor, but the files for it still exist in the game. If you load up a mission featuring the CVN-70 it should still exist. Though there seems to be a problem/functionality of the editor that if you select the unit it'll change to the first alphabetical ship type available since it doesn't think the CVN-70 is a valid unit. 

Thank you, Grimes.
I might misunderstand / be confused about old missions' status with CVN-70.
I've checked again them and found you are right.
CVN-70 has not been deleted , only disappeared in mission editor.

• Like 1

Modules: A-10C/II, F-5E, F-14A/B, F-15E, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, FC3, Ka-50-2/3, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, SA342, Mi-24P, AH-64D, P-51D
Maps: Nevada, PG, Syria, SA, Sinai, Channel, Normandy2.0      Assets etc.: CA, Sc, WW2AP
Mods and Skins in User Files: files/filter/user-is-western0221/ 

Screen_221018_005618c.jpg

• ED Team

yes this is correct as is. Removed from editor to prevent it being used in future missions but still available for older ones. 

thanks

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2