Possible bug during mission instantiation

captain_dalan

I noticed did during this evening's playing around with the Devil's Edge (F-14A) BVR instant action on the Syria map. It's a specific mission, as it's set around sunset. Sometimes, the HUD at the start would be in the default green tint, and sometimes in the red one. This is where the funny business starts.

When the HUD is red at the start of the mission the handle that changes the HUD color isn't pulled. And pulling it, doesn't change the state of the HUD, naturally, as the act of pulling it, should switch it to red. Pushing it back switches the HUD to green. If the HUD is green at the start, pulling the handle switches it to red and vice versa, as expected. By the way, the mission was never started with fly again option, but started through the instant action menu.

On one of these runs, i git poked in the right engine by an R-73. As a result the engine died, i entered into a low altitude flat spin and immediately ejected. As is a known and long lasting bug, every other mission start in an F-14A, be it on this mission or any other, resulted in a state of the right engine being dead from the very start. Taking another plane (even if it's an F-14B, even on the same mission), resolves the bug.

Hypothesis, can these two bugs be related? Is it possible that on each instantiation of the F-14, the variables aren't properly reset to their defaults? Thus resulting in lingering states between missions/spawns? This was all in SP mind you, so no server-client issues. 

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

Another possibly related issue. Instant actions Syria - Lebanon Free Flight and Syria Devil's Edge BVR, both hot-starts, start with left and right oil temp warning lights on. Not sure if these are the only missions that do, but so far, it's the one's i've noticed in which this happens.   

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

@IronMike? Anyone?