Orange Numbers

dresoccer4
Go to solution Solved by IvanK,

Normally the highlighted numbers are your heading and compass. However when selecting the 530 it changes to 0. What is this value? thanks

null

image.png

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

• Solution

How its meant to work.

In AA modes the numbers are range. The units used change depending on range.

Outside of 2nautical miles the range is in Nautical miles. Inside 2nm the numbers displayed are Hectometers. so 04 would mean 4Hectometres or around 1200feet.

The range side of things doesn't appear to be coded as yet.

In NAV the numbers represent heading.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IvanK said:

How its meant to work.

In AA modes the numbers are range. The units used change depending on range.

Outside of 2nautical miles the range is in Nautical miles. Inside 2nm the numbers displayed are Hectometers. so 04 would mean 4Hectometres or around 1200feet.

The range side of things doesn't appear to be coded as yet.

In NAV the numbers represent heading.

ok thanks i thought they would be radar lock distance but they didn't seem to move

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

10 hours ago, IvanK said:

the numbers displayed are Hectometers. so 04 would mean 4Hectometres or around 1200feet.

Wow... I wonder if official french manual speaks of "hectometers" like that... I think speaking of "Meters x 100" is more common for everybody, even in France.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, IvanK said:

How intuitive...

• Like 3

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

12 hours ago, sedenion said:

Wow... I wonder if official french manual speaks of "hectometers" like that... I think speaking of "Meters x 100" is more common for everybody, even in France.

Well The Mirage III was pretty much the same the pilots term was abbreviated to "hectos" and yes all the manuals refer to it this way 🙂

hm.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1