Best Single Player Missions for M2000?

CommandT

Trough The Inferno series are good for practising Mirage in a populated environment.

I like to use JTAC for pop-up GBU delivries.

• Like 1

Win10 64 / Intel Core i5-9400F/ 32Go RAM / GeForce GTX 2070s / HOTAS Warthog

french speaking here...

Callsign ZeeWag on DCS

Callsign "Wagner" since 1998 (Falcon 4.0, Longbow II...)

The included Caucasus campaign, the NTTR Red Flag paid campaign, and the included Coup d'État mini-campaign were all made by Baltic Dragon and are chronologically connected, in the above order.

So I would recommend playing them in that order. The NTTR campaign is currently undergoing extensive maintenance and should be all fixed up soon.

For other missions, I have not played them since I do not own Syria, but there is a 2-part story-based campaign on the User Files (Jet Fuel and Ouzo IIRC). Besides the DCE-based ones of course.

• Thanks 1

Specs: Samsung Odyssey MR (VR)

MoBo ASUS Z97-K ; CPU i5-4690K 4.1GHz w/CM Hyper212 Evo; GPU GTX 980Ti; RAM 2400MHz CL11 2x8GB; SSD Samsung EVO 250GB (x2); HDD WD Blue 1TB; Case Corsair Obsidian 450D

Thrustmast T.16000M TWCS HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS modules: NTTR, Normandy, M-2000C, Mi-8, SA342, FC3, Ka-50, UH-1H, Bf.109K4, FW-190D9, P-51D, Hawk T.1A, CA

I get your looking for a single mission to play….so just go into the appropriate file and Cut and paste one of the missions Into the single player missions folder and play it. There just aren’t very many single player missions for it at all and those that are, are very old

Yeah I realised there's basically no content at all that I'm after so I'm creating my own now. Might share later. 

I'm not a big fan of Baltic Dragon campaigns. I mean no offence to him at all, he's an incredibly talented mission maker and the community loves him, but his missions and campaigns are really more like reading a novel where you have to hit space bar to turn the page. It's so scripted that if you miss something by 30 seconds you can end up with voiceovers playing when they make no sense ect and it just feels like you're playing a Medal of Honour game from back in the day. I've tried his M2000C campaigns and Raven One too. I just keep walking away from them being very frustrated. I would rather have no voiceovers (or some basic voiceovers) but a good combat scenario where things can develop without feeling like you are in a scripted film that will have the exact same ending no matter what. However having said that, his training missions for the Harrier were outstanding and I enjoyed those!

Anyway I'm now working on my own set of missions with a focus on realistic scenarios 🙂 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, CommandT said:

Yeah I realised there's basically no content at all that I'm after so I'm creating my own now. Might share later. 

I'm not a big fan of Baltic Dragon campaigns. I mean no offence to him at all, he's an incredibly talented mission maker and the community loves him, but his missions and campaigns are really more like reading a novel where you have to hit space bar to turn the page. It's so scripted that if you miss something by 30 seconds you can end up with voiceovers playing when they make no sense ect and it just feels like you're playing a Medal of Honour game from back in the day. I've tried his M2000C campaigns and Raven One too. I just keep walking away from them being very frustrated. I would rather have no voiceovers (or some basic voiceovers) but a good combat scenario where things can develop without feeling like you are in a scripted film that will have the exact same ending no matter what. However having said that, his training missions for the Harrier were outstanding and I enjoyed those!

Anyway I'm now working on my own set of missions with a focus on realistic scenarios 🙂 

I'm going through the M2K georgian campaign right now. I'm enjoying a lot. I'm ok with the "reading a novel" style of the missions.

Anyway, looks like this campaign has a good feedback, I'll check it out after I finish BD campaign.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3314265/

• Like 2

On 8/21/2022 at 8:25 PM, CommandT said:

I agree and feel the same about BD campaigns. He is an AMAZING creator but like all art, it might not appeal to some. He does what no one else can do with his missions and the only way he can is scripting; hence the “turn the page”. My issue is more about the large number of training missions in his campaigns. I don’t enjoy simulating simulated combat. But again, that’s a me thing. But I would love a new M-2000campiagn

maybe post your mission when done? I’ve seen alot Of your you tube videos so I’m guessing the missions you make would be pretty realistic 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mike_CK said:

I agree and feel the same about BD campaigns. He is an AMAZING creator but like all art, it might not appeal to some. He does what no one else can do with his missions and the only way he can is scripting; hence the “turn the page”. My issue is more about the large number of training missions in his campaigns. I don’t enjoy simulating simulated combat. But again, that’s a me thing. But I would love a new M-2000campiagn

maybe post your mission when done? I’ve seen alot Of your you tube videos so I’m guessing the missions you make would be pretty realistic 

Yeah once I polish it out a bit I might share it 🙂 Will make a video about it anyways! 

• Like 2