Seasons on SA ?

PLUTON

13 minutes ago, PLUTON said:

As the title suggests, are there seasons on the South Atlantic map? or not?🤔

i not run the gamut on seasons though i have noticed the sunset and sunrise time are accurate. i started a mission at 0900 in june and it was quite dark.

• Like 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

6 hours ago, PLUTON said:

Thanks for the reply money devil.👍
it was to find out about the snow cover on the massifs if there was a difference between summer and winter.🤔

i did another mission in June and flew west from runway hot start in Chile. i never saw a massif to be able to tell if there was snow. the terrain around where i started was low ground and not much relief. i will do another air start over some mountains to see. the map is still a little sparse. i understand the devs are working on it to get more areas developed.

Edited by silverdevil

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

10 hours ago, PLUTON said:

it was to find out about the snow cover on the massifs if there was a difference between summer and winter.🤔

This map is based on a satellite imagery, so in terms of the ground textures (including snowcaps on mountains) there is absolutely no difference between various months. And I'm 99% sure there won't ever be. Edit: see the comment below.

Edited by Minsky

Dima | My DCS uploads

• 3 months later...
On 8/15/2022 at 4:19 AM, MAXsenna said:

There is only one season now. But will eventually come. Quick search you know. 😉

This will explain then why despite setting the weather to blizzard conditions in mid winter (August) there is no snow on the ground.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...