Can we expect a female WSO?

gzj3401

It would be a nice change from all the male backseaters/co-pilots and the F-15E with relatively many female WSOs IRL would be a good choice for that :thumbup:

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 6

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 months later...

I don't think the AI WSO will have any dialog.  I think it's going to be very bare bones because you can to 95%+ from the pilot seat.  I'd imagine the main advantage of a WSO in real life is they can split the workload of find their targets and SA.  I can't tell you how many times I've died in a Hornet by an enemy fighter because I was fixated on ground targets and the FLIR pod.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Nahen said:

What's the problem, take your girlfriend, wive, mistress, sister or whatever you have, into your hobby like DCS, and you'll have female pilots and female WSO.

LOL!!!! Right!!!!

Digital Storm Lynx: i9-10850k (5.2 GHz): 64GB RAM (3200 MHz): 2TB SSD M.2 Samsung 970 EVO: 2TB Samsung HD: GEFORCE 2080 TI: Thrust Master WartHog (modified): TM F-18C joystick: Saitek Rudder Pedals: HP Reverb PRO: Volair Sim Cockpit: Current Stable Version of DCS :thumbup:

IRL Retired Maintainer of the AT-38B: F-4E/G: F-15A/B/C/D: and McDonnell Douglas/Boeing Technical Advisor for the F-15C/D. I drive trains now. :yawn:

11 hours ago, nickos86 said:

I've asked for a female and black pilot models like 5 years ago 🙂

Still no progress by ED. Maybe RAZBAM will do it... I guess there are female or black pilots in the sim community... 

this is a FLIGHT Sim, this doesn’t have to be turned into a political problem for no reason.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Blinky.ben said:

this is a FLIGHT Sim, this doesn’t have to be turned into a political problem for no reason.

Agreed. This can't seriously be anywhere near a priority for anyone... who cares, get us Multi threading and vulkan please... 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

AMD 7900x3D | Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Hero | 64GB DC DDR5 6400 Ram | MSI Suprim RTX 4090 Liquid X | 2 x Kingston Fury 4TB Gen4 NVME | Corsair HX1500i PSU | NZXT H7 Flow | Liquid Cooled CPU & GPU | HP Reverb G2 | LG 48" 4K OLED | Winwing HOTAS

Why not, would be a refreshing change. 🙂 

• Like 3

PC: i7 8700k 32GB DDR4 3200 Mhz  RTX 3070 Ti Hotas Warthog Thrustmaster TPR Track ir 5 Bodnar BBI-32 Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Lewitt LCT 240 Pro
Jets: A-10A A-10C Warthog A-10C II F-14 Tomcat F-16C Viper F-5E Tiger II F/A-18C Hornet F-15C Su-33 MiG-29 F-86F Sabre 
Choppers: AH-64D Mi-8MTV2 UH-1H Huey Black shark 2 Maps: Nevada Normandy Persian gulf Syria The Channel 
WW2: BF-109 K4 Fw 190 D-9 Dora Mosquito FB VI P-51D Mustang Spitfire LF Mk. IX  Other: Supercarrier WWII Assets Pack NS 430 Navigation System Combined Arms 

Absolutely rediculous. This is a military Flight sim and it has generic pilot models in flightsuit, helmet, visor down. Anybody who wastes a thought about if there's a dude or dudess or which color the invisible skin has (there's way more than two colors...) should just stick with "The Sims" and troll somewhere else.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Blinky.ben said:

It's the same silly arguments every time... It's political... make vulkan first... 

ED invest 3D modelers time to re-create pilot model for their aircraft (F-16/8 at the moment per their statements) - so creating a woman face or black face - ain't that big of a task. 

It got nothing to do with vulkan for that matter. Absolutely different engineers.

Moreover, there is nothing political about it. The community contain black people and woman. Be it my daughter that fly's the sim from time to time or anyone else. With that much effort being invested to increase immersion - that is an important feature (BTW, there are black super carrier crew... So it's already been done by ED... They just need to do it on the pilot models as well).

*ED found time to model 3D skeletons for Halloween... before finishing vulkan 😉 So modeling a few faces for their pilot models... 

RAZBAM could be the first one to do it and that could be very cool.

Edited by nickos86
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, nickos86 said:

It's the same silly arguments every time... It's political... make vulkan first... 

ED invest 3D modelers time to re-create pilot model for their aircraft (F-16/8 at the moment per their statements) - so creating a woman face or black face - ain't that big of a task. 

It got nothing to do with vulkan for that matter. Absolutely different engineers.

Moreover, there is nothing political about it. The community contain black people and woman. Be it my daughter that fly's the sim from time to time or anyone else. With that much effort being invested to increase immersion - that is an important feature (BTW, there are black super carrier crew... So it's already on their minds?!).

Immersion, are you pretending the F2 view is a drone looking back at the pilot? That is not immersion it’s just political issues being made up. Yes spend the money on staff and time to create a decent engine that performs better for everyone.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Blinky.ben said:

Immersion, are you pretending the F2 view is a drone looking back at the pilot? That is not immersion it’s just political issues being made up. Yes spend the money on staff and time to create a decent engine that performs better for everyone.

As @nickos86 said, the people who would take care of it probably have nothing to do with modernizing the sim engine; honestly, I see a lot more "politics" in those who oppose this request than in those who propose it.

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, nickos86 said:

Moreover, there is nothing political about it. The community contain black people and woman. Be it my daughter that fly's the sim from time to time or anyone else. With that much effort being invested to increase immersion - that is an important feature (BTW, there are black super carrier crew... So it's already been done by ED... They just need to do it on the pilot models as well).

*ED found time to model 3D skeletons for Halloween... before finishing vulkan 😉 So modeling a few faces for their pilot models... 

Black pilots already exist in DCS

• Like 1

The pilot model's face is enormously unimportant to me. I couldn't even tell you what the face looks like on the modules I fly regularly that have a pilot model.

The WSO I might see occasionally in the mirrors but it's still extremely unimportant.

Edited by Scott-S6
  • Like 5

• ED Team

A reminder for all our rules can be found at the top of the forum 

1.7 No political, social or cultural disputes on the ED forums.

Female pilots have been requested already but I have no news to share. 

thanks

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I demand that ED does a voice over of myself as the WSO as well as every other DCS player or else we can't really be immersed in the sim.  I also expect them to invite me in and do a mocap of me in every plane or else I will never buy another module.  This is the immersion I need.

• Thanks 4