return to nav from dogfight

Go to solution Solved by Frederf,

i found a few really old posts on this . they did not completely answer my question. i have the following mapped to my warthog throttle. buttons 9 and 10.

first do i have the correct buttons mapped?

second do i need a third to center to cancel and return to normal modes like NAV.

recently i was in a mission that was attacking ground targets. part of the mission was a flight of enemy helicopters. i got them all and need to get home. i was unable to get the HUD symbology back.

TIA

image.png

Edited by silverdevil

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

2 minutes ago, razo+r said:

1) I do believe so, yes

2) No

3) Press again the master mode you were in to return to NAV. Eyample: If you are in A-A, press A-A again to return to NAV

thanks for quick answer. i will try.

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

• Solution

You want to use the "special for joystick" action with the Warthog Throttle boat switch. The one's you have boxed in red will toggle between two positions every press. The top action will go to DGFT when button is pressed and go to center when button is released.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Frederf said:

You want to use the "special for joystick" action with the Warthog Throttle boat switch. The one's you have boxed in red will toggle between two positions every press. The top action will go to DGFT when button is pressed and go to center when button is released.

ok the top two. i need to change my buttons my buttons i have now to those two mappings. got it thanks.

null

image.png

• 3 months later...
On 8/11/2022 at 11:28 AM, Frederf said:

I don't have a Warthog Throttle or a boat switch, I'm using a Virpil throttle.

If I map dogfight, center and missile override to a 3 position hat switch will that give me the results I desire? I'm looking to go to dogfight mode and stay there until I choose to leave, or missile override mode until I choose to leave. I choose to leave those modes by selecting the other mode OR hitting the Center switch (pressing the hat switch).

6 hours ago, Elf1606688794 said:

If I map dogfight, center and missile override to a 3 position hat switch will that give me the results I desire? I'm looking to go to dogfight mode and stay there until I choose to leave, or missile override mode until I choose to leave. I choose to leave those modes by selecting the other mode OR hitting the Center switch (pressing the hat switch).

my issue was corrected though i have TM. i think in your case your idea will work. 

10 hours ago, Elf1606688794 said:

Yup that's what I would do if I had three inputs, each sets the switch to a certain position and that's it.

• Thanks 1