Mirage F1 Fighter Weapons School - multi slot mission

Don Rudi

The Mirage F1 Fighter Weapons School

This mission consists of 16 seperate tasks (each connected to a client slot). The FWS will teach you everything you need to deliver weapons in the F1. The tasks include 1 navigation task, 10 air to ground tasks and 5 air to air tasks.

You will practise navigation using TACAN offsets, air intercepts, correct usage of the radar guided R530, low level bombing, toss bombing, pop up attacks - to name a few.

Each task is described in the accompanying 26 page PDF manual. You will receive all necessary attack parameters, gunsight depressions, sight pictures, waypoints and target QFE to quickly be successful in your new Mirage.

In addition, the manual includes pictorial guides about cold start, radio usage and how to create and use waypoints using TACAN offsets.

Enjoy!

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3325430/

+++ change log +++

V 1.0   11.08.2022 - initial release

V.1.0.1 13.08.2022 - corrected magnetic declination in manual, fixed no gun ammo for air to air slots

2.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

Edited by Don Rudi
Made the title clearer
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 10

Modules: all, except for the Dora

My missions: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Don rudi/apply/

Primary system: i7-13700k, RTX 4080, 32 GB, Win 11, Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha with 5cm extension, Virpil CM2 throttle, Virpil Ace Interceptor pedals, Virpil Rotor TCS base + Blackshark grip, Winwing Triple MFD and ICP, 34" UWHQD screen
Acer Nitro i7-10700, RTX 3060, 64 GB, Virpiel Rotor TCS base + Blackhawk grip, Virpiel Ace Torq pedals, 34" UWHQD screen

Thanks a lot for providing this, the documentation is excellent, I will use it, but first will try to edit it a bit to see if I can put it into Campaign format, as I will most likely forget which slots I have already flew and I like that feeling of progress that Campaigns have 👍  .. of course, I will do this for my own use, not to re-share 😇

Screen_220811_180614.jpg

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

6 hours ago, Don Rudi said:

This looks fantastic - only minor criticism I have is that in the .pdf you say on page 4 the magnetic declination of the map is -4°

It is closer to +5°E

Spoiler

Akrotiri RWY 28 = 291°T / 286°M

MagVar = TRUE - MAGNETIC = 291° - 286° = +5° (i.e. you need to add +5° to magnetic to get the TRUE bearing)

MagVar at Akrotiri as measured by the A-10C = +4.8E

A-10C at Akrotiri.jpg

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

1 hour ago, Ramsay said:

This looks fantastic - only minor criticism I have is that in the .pdf you say on page 4 the magnetic declination of the map is -4°

It is closer to +5°E

Hide contents

Akrotiri RWY 28 = 291°T / 286°M

MagVar = TRUE - MAGNETIC = 291° - 286° = +5° (i.e. you need to add +5° to magnetic to get the TRUE bearing)

MagVar at Akrotiri as measured by the A-10C = +4.8E

A-10C at Akrotiri.jpg

Thanks!

I will change it to 5 in the next update. Thanks to the relatively short ranges on Cyprus, my beta testers overflew their assigned waypoints with very good accuracy.
I will also change the phrasing. I stated "-4" to show that the player has to substract 4 degrees (5) from the bearings he reads on the F10 map. I will rephrase that.

• Like 2

My missions: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Don rudi/apply/

Primary system: i7-13700k, RTX 4080, 32 GB, Win 11, Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha with 5cm extension, Virpil CM2 throttle, Virpil Ace Interceptor pedals, Virpil Rotor TCS base + Blackshark grip, Winwing Triple MFD and ICP, 34" UWHQD screen
Acer Nitro i7-10700, RTX 3060, 64 GB, Virpiel Rotor TCS base + Blackhawk grip, Virpiel Ace Torq pedals, 34" UWHQD screen

6 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Thanks a lot for providing this, the documentation is excellent, I will use it, but first will try to edit it a bit to see if I can put it into Campaign format, as I will most likely forget which slots I have already flew and I like that feeling of progress that Campaigns have 👍  .. of course, I will do this for my own use, not to re-share 😇

Depending on how this mission is received by the community, I had in mind to turn it into a training campaign indeed 🙂 If you look at the ME, you will see that everything is cleanely seperated, so splitting the mission into 16 missions is an easy one. I just did not do it so far, as a campaign would have meant tons of voice overs and I could not estimate if there was a demand for this mission/campaign at all.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Don Rudi said:

This mission consists of 16 seperate tasks (each connected to a client slot). The FWS will teach you everything you need to deliver weapons in the F1. The tasks include 1 navigation task, 10 air to ground tasks and 5 air to air tasks.

You will practise navigation using TACAN offsets, air intercepts, correct usage of the radar guided R530, low level bombing, toss bombing, pop up attacks - to name a few.

Each task is described in the accompanying 26 page PDF manual. You will receive all necessary attack parameters, gunsight depressions, sight pictures, waypoints and target QFE to quickly be successful in your new Mirage.

In addition, the manual includes pictorial guides about cold start, radio usage and how to create and use waypoints using TACAN offsets.

Enjoy!

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3325430/

2.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

Awesome Don Rudi!!

Thanks so much for making that mission! Must have been a ton of work with all that documentation !

Looking forward to giving it a try.

Thanks again!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Don Rudi said:

… a campaign would have meant tons of voice overs …

Hi. I don’t think that a Campaign format necessarily implies the use of voice-overs, I was thinking only  about using your pdf doc to do the briefing for each sub-mission .. for me, the advantage of such a format change is that  it allows one to see at a glance which parts I have already flew, it would look a bit like this:

PBsji2B.jpg

Will let you know how it works, 🙂 thanks again for editing F1 content.

Eduardo

• Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

2 hours ago, Snappy said:

Awesome Don Rudi!!

Thanks so much for making that mission! Must have been a ton of work with all that documentation !

Looking forward to giving it a try.

Thanks again!

It took a little time, but it was great fun creating both the mission(s) and the manual 🙂

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

Will let you know how it works, 🙂 thanks again for editing F1 content.

I was looking forward to the F1 ever since the first announcement years ago. I will expand the mission set, as soon as new weapons and/or F1 variants become available 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for sharing this excellent training campaign for mirage F1

As mentioned by Ramsay, the real magnetic variation of LCRA-Aktrotiri is +5.20°E 

https://www.aidu.mod.uk/aip/pdf/ad/LCRA-Akrotiri-Combined.pdf

Edited by Riesling
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Riesling | FR

Specs: i7 6700K / 32 Gb RAM / SSD /  GTX 1070 + Oculus Rift S  / Saitek Rudder Pedals / Thrusmaster TWCS + T16000M

On 8/12/2022 at 2:57 AM, Don Rudi said:

I was looking forward to the F1 ever since the first announcement years ago. I will expand the mission set, as soon as new weapons and/or F1 variants become available 🙂

Me too, I just love aircrafts of the 60s & 70s .. I edited a quick proof-of concept with the first 6 clients of your mission, and it ends up like this:

xL3qTZ9.jpg

I have not yet played each mission to completion, I will fly them over the week-end. For each mission I deleted the client slots and triggers that didn't belong, and for the remaining client converted it to "player". The text and images of the PDF were used as Briefing. I assign a 50 Score for just starting the mission, to  prevent falling back to the previous mission if the user fails the mission. Scores 75 and 100 are used for the different degrees of success. The missions are small in size, at less than 2 MB each, so having them essentially duplicated is not a big disk space issue  🙂

Best regards and thanks again for these, I'm sure I will enjoy them 👍

Eduardo

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 2

+++ update +++

V.1.0.1 13.08.2022 - corrected magnetic declination in manual, fixed no gun ammo for air to air slots

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

Me too, I just love aircrafts of the 60s & 70s .. I edited a quick proof-of concept with the first 6 clients of your mission, and it ends up like this:

xL3qTZ9.jpg

I have not yet played each mission to completion, I will fly them over the week-end. For each mission I deleted the client slots and triggers that didn't belong, and for the remaining client converted it to "player". The text and images of the PDF were used as Briefing. I assign a 50 Score for just starting the mission, to  prevent falling back to the previous mission if the user fails the mission. Scores 75 and 100 are used for the different degrees of success. The missions are small in size, at less than 2 KB each, so having them essentially duplicated is not a big disk space issue  🙂

Best regards and thanks again for these, I'm sure I will enjoy them 👍

Eduardo

I must admit, I haven't dared to dip my toe into campaign making yet. But you really encouraged me, so I know what I will be busy with next week 😉

Thanks again

Carsten

• Like 3

Thanks to Rudel_chw's encouragement, I converted the Fighter Weapons School into a simple training campaign with 16 separate missions.

I am waiting for some volunteer testers and their feedback, then I will upload it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Don Rudi changed the title to Mirage F1 Fighter Weapons School - multi slot mission

The campaign version is now also available. I created a seperate thread for it: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4