Missing Audio

Tango

Hi,

I get this both online and offline: sometimes audio such as the AKRAN disappears, or isn't there to start with.

I also get oddities such as the external audio being audiable internally. If I switch views this fixes it, but the missing audio is still missing.

Anyone else get this???

Best regards,

Tango.

Yes, I get that too. I'm curious. I have reviewed my errors.log.txt file and noticed a series of entries indicating that certain sounds failed to play due to running out of memory. Check your file and see if it too states that sounds failed to play. Your temp folder is located at X:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\Temp where x = your installed drive.

Specs: AMD FX-60, ASUS A8N-E, 2 GB's Corsair PC 3200 DDR, Win XP SP2, ATI X1900 XTX

its a bug in the audio system within black shark only cure atm is to switch camera views or in single player mode pause the sim then start.

That is OK. Problem is fixed this way.

I fix with "pause" BUT after that I start hearing the general sounds (engines, rotor, outside) with effect of being in a tunnel (modulation from one channel to the other as well).

Fix for that coming in the patch I hope?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Regards!

I don't get any weapon sounds from within the cockpit with the English version. They were fine when I had the Russian version installed. Is anyone else getting the same thing/found a fix? I try everything from changing views and pausing to re-installing the whole sim. No luck so far.

^^ I have a seperate sound card (soundblaster XFi plat) , and can confirm the sound issues (randomly sounds missing, strange phase modulation) still occur to me

...it seems to be more noticible when in multiplayer , especially when hosting, so the theory about memory "issues" ( as regards to memory management and sounds) is a feasible one imho.

people keep talking about the "new game engine".. Has there been an official announcement talking about reworking the current engine?

new game engine is a long way off , nothing official has been said yet .

only a matter of time, and in the future ed will implement a new engine to keep up with the hardware technology.

new game engine is a long way off , nothing official has been said yet .

only a matter of time, and in the future ed will implement a new engine to keep up with the hardware technology.

Well, they really could have released the game on a DX10 Engine :music_whistling: The hardware and such is about a year old no? Or perhaps a 64bit compiled version? 64 bit processors and O/S have been out for well over 3 years?