Threat Location

Tango

Hi,

I set up a rather tough little training mission I think! :D

I put a Vulcan M163 AAA unit into a forest, and I'm completely unable to see it! I can't see it when cheating by going into external view and looking down on the forest, and I certainly can't see it through the trees, yet.... it shoots me down every time I try and coax it into firing just so I can locate it...

Any suggestions/recommendations for trying to locate such a unit? I find if I fly high enough it doesn't shoot at me, so do I need to overfly the forest until I spot it?

Best regards,

Tango.

We used to play a mission in MP with two players of hunter/killer with the A-10. We set up units in a known enemy area in the woods and then one player would play "shoot at me" and the other player would look for the tracers and kill the vehicle. What you are trying to do is better done with two people for success.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

Don't put it in the forest. While the simulator has its limitations, such units would be shooting out of clearings and the edge of a forest, not from within.

Hi,

I set up a rather tough little training mission I think! :D

I put a Vulcan M163 AAA unit into a forest, and I'm completely unable to see it! I can't see it when cheating by going into external view and looking down on the forest, and I certainly can't see it through the trees, yet.... it shoots me down every time I try and coax it into firing just so I can locate it...

Any suggestions/recommendations for trying to locate such a unit? I find if I fly high enough it doesn't shoot at me, so do I need to overfly the forest until I spot it?

Best regards,

Tango.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I thought that for 2 people it is easier for exactly the reason you mention, but as a single-ship, is it realistic to do this?

EDIT: @GGTharos: good point. I'll move it into the open.

O/T: Does visual distance affect the Shkval or not? i.e. if it a unit is out of visual range due to the draw distance, will the Shkval still "see it" and draw it?

Best regards,

Tango.

I thought that for 2 people it is easier for exactly the reason you mention, but as a single-ship, is it realistic to do this?

EDIT: @GGTharos: good point. I'll move it into the open.

O/T: Does visual distance affect the Shkval or not? i.e. if it a unit is out of visual range due to the draw distance, will the Shkval still "see it" and draw it?

Best regards,

Tango.

Yes :smilewink:

Shkval draws very far, even if i use just medium draw distance.

-haukka

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]